Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 376383 times)

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
Re: SoundillusioN - MK1 Black From The Dead (New Boots)
« Reply #110 on: 25 May 2010, 11:49 »
Back on the subject of wheels and looking at your ideas reminds me that it's about time I did something with mine.
I have a set of Enzo Cups courtesy of Sarah's Brad and wondered what you thought of them:-

Not sure if they are a straight swap and what size tyres I would need. The current wheels are Wolfrace 6J x 14H2  ET42 with 185/60/14 tyres fitted

The Enzo's are (Enzo Cups 715) 7J x 151-2   ET 35 

............right MOT time. will report back later. Hopefully with good news :cool:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #111 on: 25 May 2010, 12:35 »
I considered the same wheel as i saw a set for sale. was thinking they'd look great on mine with the spokes black and the dish silver... You should defo put them on, much nicer than the wolfrace.... Should be a straight swap and the offset shouldnt cause an issue as you gave a sensible ride height,  Tyre choice is a tricky one... depends if you intend to keep the same right height.  If you are then lower profiles would look bad???...

I hope you come back later with an MOT!..  :smiley:

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #112 on: 25 May 2010, 13:09 »
Yeeehaaaa:-

Registration mark:
A******
Make/Model:
VOLKSWAGEN / GOLF
Colour:
WHITE
VIN/Chassis No:
WVWZZZ15ZEK017960
Approximate date of first use:
02/05/1984
Type of fuel:
Petrol
Date of test:
25/05/2010
Certificate issued (Pass)  :cool:

Odometer reading:
138,425 Miles
Test number:
Test station name:
MOTORIGHT LTD
Test station number:
5907B7
Test station telephone number:
Test class:
IV
Test expiry date:
24/05/2011
No Advisory Notice issued  :shocked:

This completes the test history for the above vehicle as recorded on VOSA's MOT Computerisation Database

I'm happy and the sun is still shining :cool:
« Last Edit: 25 May 2010, 13:12 by richandhazel »

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #113 on: 25 May 2010, 13:33 »
yey!... well done... hope mine goes through first time!.. i doubt it though.. got so much MOT related stuff left to do.... might have to make a list on here as need parts!

Go have a little cruise to celebrate if the suns out! :smiley:

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #114 on: 25 May 2010, 13:40 »
I'd love to but it's not worth taxing it for May so I'm going to have to wait.........grrrrhhh!

Make a list, you never know I may be able to help. My loft has just about every part in it for a Mk1 bar the shell that topher had and that steering boot!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #115 on: 25 May 2010, 13:52 »
I'd love to but it's not worth taxing it for May so I'm going to have to wait.........grrrrhhh!

Make a list, you never know I may be able to help. My loft has just about every part in it for a Mk1 bar the shell that topher had and that steering boot!

aww that sucks...  :sad:

Well i can do a quick list now and a better one later... If anyone can help then thats great but funds are an issue so wont be able to get evertything in one go...

N/S Wing - Desperate (not pattern but second hand without rot would be great in any colour)
Front seats - Desperate (anything that will fit considered) note: i have a recaro seat rail on drivers side so will need a rail if i dont get another recaro
Bonnet - Not desperate.  (not pattern but second hand without rot would be great in any colour)
Front Bumper - Desperate
Coilovers - (current shocks are a bit rough now me thinks)
Steering rack boot (same one you needed Rich)
Front Sidelight bulb holders x2

More when i think of it and the rest relates to brake parts etc.....

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
Hmmm, I think I have a front bumper 'cover' that you can have if you can use it.
Sidelight bulb holders, I'll have a look, I must have some.
Bonnet.....gone with the car to topher.
Front seats I do have but would like to hold onto as mine aren't great

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
Hmmm, I think I have a front bumper 'cover' that you can have if you can use it.
Sidelight bulb holders, I'll have a look, I must have some.
Bonnet.....gone with the car to topher.
Front seats I do have but would like to hold onto as mine aren't great
if the platic is in ok shape then that would be great, i'm guessing i can just gut the frame off the temp cracked bumper I have that has no indicator holes... (came from a caddy) and mount your cover on it??  :smiley: let me know what you want for it.....  thinking about, i think I binned the busted caddy bumper!?  :shocked:

my side light bulb holders melted in the crash! if you cant find any, if anybody knows where i can get them from????.. will check on the bay of E tonight...

Seats... really gutted, i had a spare set of original black and white GTI's no rips or tears... I sold them to raise funds when i thought the car was dead for good!...  :sad: wouldnt want to buy another set of mk1 fronts... i'm up for anything i can put it at the moment???

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
Although my full rewire is 90% done... i had issues with the clocks. MFA does nothing and temp and fuel read max at all times with ignition on. sorted temp gauge out. (i think). Disconnected fuel gauge sender on the tank and now it reads zero.. according to rubjonny thats the sign of a fecked sender.. booooo.  :sad: need to source one of them now and figure out how to change it.

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
You could try taking the sender out and manually moving it over it's range whilst looking at the gauge.....just to confirm. Might find it is stuck or will work over part of the range etc.
Might even get away with a clean up :undecided: