Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 376941 times)

Offline shepgti

• I live here
Re: SoundillusioN - MK1 Black From The Dead (Protection)
« Reply #100 on: 14 May 2010, 11:56 »
mine needs alot of attetion, most of which i dont have the facility to do ie welding the sills/arches. think i may try to get the engine running soon though to get the ball rolling!
Yeah i remember it coming up a few weeks ago.... I'm the same. I might get a welder one day and learn but then by the time ive done that i wont need it.  from what i can tell the only thing thats died with it off the road for so long is the rear valance.  the rest is stuff i can do or try to do but is a ballache! be good  to see yours in progress. not much goning on with mk1 projects on here... everyone elses are on the road!

the rear valance isnt too hard to change as you can either buy the whole back bit or just the lower bit
Yeah i know, i have bought a lower repair piece as shown earlier in this thread.. But the old one would need cutting out and its the only thing that needs welding which I cant do.

thats ok then, at least its a fairly straight forward weld so shouldnt cost to much to have someone do it  :undecided:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: SoundillusioN - MK1 Black From The Dead (Protection)
« Reply #101 on: 14 May 2010, 13:01 »
Thats what i'm hoping... also i might be lucky, a work mate might be able to do it cheap... fingers crossed. :smiley:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
Re: SoundillusioN - MK1 Black From The Dead (New Boots)
« Reply #102 on: 24 May 2010, 21:10 »
Sooooo.... not a great deal to put up but i have been busy on the bodywork.... will post pics up when ive finished.. found some rust on rear arches...  :sad:  Anyway, thanks to tony_ack I have now replaced her 3 spoke shame with something more fitting... they need a bit of work but IMO are the perfect look for the rest of the body.  its now full on BBS styleeee.  :cool:

Exhaust is low because its off the hangers at the moment.

Offline adzgti3

• I live here
« Reply #103 on: 24 May 2010, 21:17 »
mk1 look great mate , look so nice in black,

keep up the great work!!  :cool:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #104 on: 24 May 2010, 21:51 »
mk1 look great mate , look so nice in black,

keep up the great work!!  :cool:
thanks mate.... looks better in the pictures  :laugh:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #105 on: 24 May 2010, 23:53 »
Looks really good on those wheels. :afro:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #106 on: 25 May 2010, 00:04 »
Thanks Wayne.... Hopefully now people will stop trying to convince me that keeping the 3s on was a good idea.  Its starting to look like a black version of the BBS MK1 in your catalogue.  :smiley:

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #107 on: 25 May 2010, 01:33 »

+1 a million times better  :cool:

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #108 on: 25 May 2010, 02:52 »
Hmmmm, seeing your pictures where you have removed the BBS kit has made me wonder what mine is like. I don't think mine have ever been removed since build!

The bodywork (and kit) on mine is very similar to yours. It was very heavily undersealed and waxoyled. To date I still haven't found any corrosion! My Mk4 is in worse condition :shocked:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #109 on: 25 May 2010, 09:15 »
Hmmmm, seeing your pictures where you have removed the BBS kit has made me wonder what mine is like. I don't think mine have ever been removed since build!

The bodywork (and kit) on mine is very similar to yours. It was very heavily undersealed and waxoyled. To date I still haven't found any corrosion! My Mk4 is in worse condition :shocked:
Well dispite my lucky find at the front, the rear is not so good despite all the protection it had.  I have found that some kind of rubber stuff had been pumped in behind the lip of the rear arches, hard to explain but it fills all the gaps where mud would build up. Great idea and seems to have done its job but sadly the bottom corners of bith arches have pretty bad rot (which is held in place by the rubber!)...  I did wonder about the rear though as the valance was the first bit of visable rot.... once you get your MOT done its worth checking out, catch it early!... surprised about your mk4!!!  :shocked:
« Last Edit: 26 May 2010, 01:43 by SoundillusioN »