Author Topic: MY20 Order - Latest Updates  (Read 25707 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: MY20 Order - Latest Updates
« Reply #10 on: 24 March 2020, 07:47 »
Job done. At least any uncertainty as has gone.
not really, still don't know if a car has actually been built  :grin: Granted it wouldn't be able to go anywhere even if it had so  :grin: :grin:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline RM

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 24 March 2020, 13:21 »
I could cope with knowing the car hadn’t been built so would be delayed. But if it was sat somewhere built and ready to go, but I couldn’t have it, I’d go crazy knowing it’s so close but just out of reach.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 24 March 2020, 14:57 »
Really frustrating  :sad:
I feel for you guys stuck in Limbo
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline owthlitt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 24 March 2020, 15:23 »
I'm not too worries I'm disappointed it's a longer wait to jump into the seat of my new Golf!

Atleast I have a Fiesta ST that I can pop to the shop in for gathering any essentials....

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 28 March 2020, 05:06 »
I'm not too worries I'm disappointed it's a longer wait to jump into the seat of my new Golf!

Atleast I have a Fiesta ST that I can pop to the shop in for gathering any essentials....

Did you not consider the new shape Fiesta ST?
Does it ride any better than the previous generation?

Someone in my workplace has taken delivery fairly recently of a 2019 Fiesta ST 3 door in silver. I see it in the car park every day and it looks really nice.
I’m sure it looks very nearly as long as my Golf!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline owthlitt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 28 March 2020, 16:31 »

Did you not consider the new shape Fiesta ST?
Does it ride any better than the previous generation?

Someone in my workplace has taken delivery fairly recently of a 2019 Fiesta ST 3 door in silver. I see it in the car park every day and it looks really nice.
I’m sure it looks very nearly as long as my Golf!

I did indeed! My car selection boiled down to the Fiesta ST and the Golf GTI PP. The new Fiesta is again really great to drive and feels quicker than the previous generation (it also IS faster...). The ride is solid again but I quite like it for about 80% of my driving.

But all in all I wanted the refinement and nice little features you get from the Golf, hopefully I'll get to enjoy it by the time summer arrives!

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 01 April 2020, 13:28 »
VW factories in Germany closed until at least 19th April.

Offline owthlitt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 01 April 2020, 16:15 »
VW factories in Germany closed until at least 19th April.

This is the most I've had in terms of an update! Thank you :)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 01 April 2020, 17:12 »
Found it online as a headline but it's genuinely from VW in Germany 👍

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #19 on: 01 April 2020, 17:12 »
Volkswagen has admitted that its factory shutdown is costing €2 billion (£1.8bn) a week in fixed costs running 124 plants and paying for 671,000 staff, according to chief executive Herbert Diess. He called for urgent global action to stem the tide of Covid-19 and warned that job losses may be inevitable if the virus isn't halted quickly.

'Only if we, like China, Korea or other Asian states, get the problem under control then we have a chance to come through the crisis without job losses,' he told a German TV show. 'It requires a very sharp intervention.'

Diess warned that car sales had entirely dried up outside of China; car sales there nosedived when the epidemic first hit, but are gradually recovering, he said - although they're currently only back to half where they were before the outbreak.

VW is one of dozens of car makers left reeling from the effects of the coronavirus, which has halted production at most factories in Europe, the US and elsewhere. Like other manufacturers, it is calling on the European Central Bank to purchase short-term debt to assist a sector crippled by soaring costs and plunging revenues.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC