Author Topic: MY20 Order - Latest Updates  (Read 25539 times)

Offline owthlitt

• Not said much yet
MY20 Order - Latest Updates
« on: 23 March 2020, 13:42 »
So hello all, I just wanted to put a post up in case people were interested what is happening with VW orders which should be going into build now...

This is for your interest as car lovers  :smiley:

I put my order in about halfway through Jan to make the most of the 0% APR offer on the Golf GTI PP, even though the ordering for custom build were closed I managed to find an existing car and customise it. Happy days!

Build week for the car was week 12 (W/C 16th of March) and the car is apparently on the line waiting to go to the workshop as we speak. VW have reported that they're continuing to operate as normal in that factory and the dealership is waiting to hear from management whether they will continue to be operating in the short term.

Things are changing day to day of course. But I thought you may find it interesting what is happening with new GTI builds at the moment!

Offline owthlitt

• Not said much yet
Re: MY20 Order - Latest Updates
« Reply #1 on: 23 March 2020, 14:49 »
Dealership Update: The dealership I've ordered through have just informed me that management have decided that they are closing for the foreseeable future at 5pm Today.

Ever changing scenery...

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 23 March 2020, 16:01 »
Dealership Update: The dealership I've ordered through have just informed me that management have decided that they are closing for the foreseeable future at 5pm Today.

Ever changing scenery...

A friend who works at Porsche confirmed the factory was closing last Friday initially for 2 weeks and he thought the dealership he's at might close as well.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 23 March 2020, 16:06 »
I ordered a TCR on 4th January with bw12 and haven't had any updates about what's happening. Dealership still think it's being built but who knows now 🤷‍♂️. You try asking VW UK and they direct you back to the dealer. Piss poor customer service from VW UK but then that's the norm isn't it  :grin:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 23 March 2020, 16:06 »
Off Golf Topic, but related...

We took delivery (delivered to home) of my girlfriends new Mini this morning. Truth be told we were half expecting a cancellation text/email, but when we received the confirmation message this morning that the driver was on route we were pleasantly relieved/surprised. The delivery driver (works for Mini) said that he had been told to expect all his scheduled deliveries (he deliveries to home and to dealers) to stop one day this week. He said that anyone expecting to collect a car is going to be told not to go to showrooms etc. He had 5 cars to deliver today and he'd come directly from Oxford's Mini plant where he said there are stockpiles of orders that will sit there until further notice.

I think it's fair to say this is probably going to be pretty standard working procedure across all brands as the days go by. If you've ordered and it's stopped production, think of it this way, it's not going to be as frustrating as it will be for those who have cars in the country and/or at dealers who can't get their hands on them.

:)

« Last Edit: 23 March 2020, 18:48 by kmpowell »
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 23 March 2020, 16:08 »
Problem with VW is though they don't tell you anything at all  :grin:

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 23 March 2020, 19:54 »
Just got an email to say all JCT600 showrooms are temporary closing.

Think lock down is coming shortly...
« Last Edit: 23 March 2020, 19:57 by Jim_mk7.5 »
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 23 March 2020, 20:54 »

6 minutes after you said it   :sad:

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 23 March 2020, 21:19 »

Same email from Lookers.

Offline Ashtons99

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 23 March 2020, 23:06 »
Job done. At least any uncertainty as has gone.