Author Topic: Panic yes but selling the gti  (Read 5564 times)

Offline buddfridge

• Here all the time
Panic yes but selling the gti
« on: 23 March 2020, 07:05 »
I am very worried about both my wifes and my job, the gti feels like a luxury I cant afford right now, its on a pcp but thankfully I paid a large deposit, it was a year old in feb with 5k on the clock and I owe approx 17.5 k, times are very uncertain but would you think any vw garage would be interested?
gti pp manual white 5 door

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: Panic yes but selling the gti
« Reply #1 on: 23 March 2020, 07:47 »
Maybe, but it could take quite a bit of ringing around to agree a price you're happy with.

I'm sure you already know that now isn't an ideal time to be selling if you don't have to, but obviously it's understandable if income is uncertain and you have greater priorities.

You could try the usual places WBAC, and that other company (not Tootle....Motorway??) and see what they can offer.

How far away are you from being able to voluntarily terminate? I'm guessing quite far if it's only a year old?

I sympathise with your situation, all the best.
« Last Edit: 23 March 2020, 07:49 by Guzzle »
7.5 GTD

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 23 March 2020, 07:57 »
Sure I saw Webuyanycar have been outed for suddenly dropping prices massively to take advantage of people needing to sell.

Just be careful you don't get your leg lifted by a dealer (if they are still open). Very uncertain times ahead for sure but make sure you do your sums would be my advise.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline buddfridge

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 23 March 2020, 08:17 »
Thanks for the replies, I feel daft now as I am sure most folk on a pcp are in the same boat, just trying to prioritise really as like most people we pretty much live month to month, but I apologise to anybody who is in a worse position than me, it was just thinking out loud.

Take care all.
gti pp manual white 5 door

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 23 March 2020, 08:24 »
If you do get into financial difficulty (hopefully not) then try getting in touch with VW finance about your PCP. With the current situation they may have some options for you. Might be worth a go.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 23 March 2020, 08:25 »
It won’t hurt to ring around if you have time on your hands, calculate any loss you’ll make on the value of the car against how much interest you’ll pay over the life of the car finance term and see if the figures stack up.
I really hope it doesn’t come to that for you but possibly acting sooner rather than later might be wise if you’re sure you won’t be able to keep up payments as the longer this goes on the more everything will drop in value as financial hardship spreads. Dealers won’t want stock sitting around for months on end as it costs them in interest they pay on the car themselves and depreciation in an uncertain but depressed market.

Fingers crossed your income stays safe.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 23 March 2020, 08:47 »
Ring your finance company, and say you have corona, I think they have to put your finance on hold, if you don’t say corona I think they can put your payment day back a month (so if you pay on the 22nd they can take on the 21st of next the next month if you get my drift)

Offline AmbushReality

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 23 March 2020, 08:54 »
WBAC before all this were offering 20-21k for my GTI, checked this weekend and its just under 12k.

Offline darrent

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 23 March 2020, 09:10 »
WBAC knocked off nearly £10k off a mates RS4 and £5500 off ex's Golf GTD in a few days :shocked:

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #9 on: 23 March 2020, 09:13 »
WBAC before all this were offering 20-21k for my GTI, checked this weekend and its just under 12k.

Wooooah.

Given that WBAC flip these things pretty much instantly, its probably a reflection of the closing of the auction houses.... you know WBAC is BCA yes?

BCA sales will ONLY be accessible online from Thursday 26th March.

And I guess trade will be somewhat negligible, I mean, who is out shopping for a car right now? 
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC