Author Topic: A few questions  (Read 2084 times)

Offline mistac

• GTI forum regular
A few questions
« on: 21 March 2020, 22:34 »
, Now that I’ve had the GTi a few days I have a few questions which I’m sure some or most of you will know!
1.  the reversing camera functions as it should but does not seem very sharp, is this normal seems to have a bit of a fuzziness to me?
2.  I have done a few Carista  tweaks one of which was to enable the beep on/off when locked  and unlocked and it functions fine,  however the menu on/off option does not appear in the infotainment system but I’m sure I selected this when I tweaked it using Carista. Do you have to reboot the infotainment system to get the menu showing? If the answer to this is yes, does rebooting the infotainment system lose any other settings already tweaked such as speed camera files, map updates, Bluetooth settings et cetera or will it just retain them all And just reboot  the infotainment system? If rebooted is it also advisable to remove either or both of the sd cards installed ?
3, If speed camera files have already been installed, does updating the maps to the latest version wipeout speed cameras or are they still retained once the latest map is installed?
 Cheers
« Last Edit: 21 March 2020, 22:59 by mistac »
GTI 7.5 Performance 5dr DSG Tornado Red - completely standard spec as - it comes out of the tin as they say

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: A few questions
« Reply #1 on: 21 March 2020, 22:38 »
It'll just reboot the system, you won't lose any settings. Long press of on/off button until you see the the VW logo 👍
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline mistac

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 21 March 2020, 22:41 »
It'll just reboot the system, you won't lose any settings. Long press of on/off button until you see the the VW logo 👍
Thanks -  if I have installed the beep on/off menu correctly , should that bring it up in the infotainment system? I’ve also edited my post and added another question about SD cards?
GTI 7.5 Performance 5dr DSG Tornado Red - completely standard spec as - it comes out of the tin as they say

Offline Phil245

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 22 March 2020, 07:44 »
1.  the reversing camera functions as it should but does not seem very sharp, is this normal seems to have a bit of a fuzziness to me?

I wipe the lens on the camera, carefully, every now and again. Even though it is hidden behind the badge it does seem to pick up a bit of dirt on it......
2019 Golf GTI 245 Performance, 2020 Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0 TDI
Sadly sold, Octavia VRS245 Estate, Audi A3 1.5TFSI S Line Black Edition, Polo GTi 1.8, Audi TT Roadster, Golf Mk7 GTD etc.
Daughter has 2019 Polo 2.0GTi DSG. We love VAG !

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 22 March 2020, 07:49 »
Thanks -  if I have installed the beep on/off menu correctly , should that bring it up in the infotainment system? I’ve also edited my post and added another question about SD cards?
updating the maps won't wipe speed cams 👍

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #5 on: 22 March 2020, 09:30 »
If you remove the SD cards, either you'll have to use the eject card function (don't ask me where) or do it without that but do a media settings factory reset to rebuild the indexes of the music...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 22 March 2020, 10:49 »
Never ever used eject SD card on any sat nav Fred. 🤷‍♂️

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 22 March 2020, 11:03 »
Never ever used eject SD card on any sat nav Fred. 🤷‍♂️

As long as the ignition is off, this seems to be OK.
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 22 March 2020, 11:10 »
My car has recently been in for a service. I, routinely, strip everything out of the car for this, including the nav card. What I found was that my personal poi’s, including speed cameras, were missing. Nothing I tried would, in the infotainment system, would bring them back. I found a setting for retrieving my POI’s, but that told me that there were no updates available. I eventually found that I had to modify my POI’s online, just by deleting one folder and adding it again, to fool the system into thinking there was an actual update, which it then downloaded. Reselected POI’s to be displayed and all was fine.
Roger.

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 22 March 2020, 11:14 »
I did the lock/unlock beeps mod on Carista, exactly as you have. I do have the “confirmation” option in car settings, but I don’t know whether this appeared before or after a reset. As said, things don’t get lost if you do reset.
Roger.