Author Topic: Alternatives to the TCR  (Read 11277 times)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Re: Alternatives to the TCR
« Reply #50 on: 29 March 2020, 12:10 »
Are you sure you don’t want an M135i?

Look at the state of this :cool:

Looks ok with all that extra kit on. But still think the front grill is too deep. Not a huge fan of the overall shape.

Really like the interiors though and looking forward to the arrival of my 330e.
« Last Edit: 29 March 2020, 12:12 by Jim_mk7.5 »
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #51 on: 29 March 2020, 16:12 »
Of course what spec people want is individual choice. But dynaudio would be something that I would easily drop of that was one of the blockers to getting a tcr if heart was set on one.

After marker options probably better, cheaper and still can look oem.

I specced heated screen on mine but only used it once since September. Would I spec it again? No. But would it stop me getting one if I couldn’t? No. Get the car and some de-icer.  :cool:

It is great. It’s just been a mild winter, coupled with less early mornings for work I haven’t had a need to use it much.
Only once? I reckon the heated screen is ace. I don’t have a garage though at home.
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #52 on: 29 March 2020, 16:31 »

That's Motech number 2 car, I think it looks great.

Ive got a Misano blue M135i, Ive only had it just over a week and I think its fantastic up to now.

Do it- you wont regret it!!

The Motech car does look good, especially from the rear.  :cool:

How about a mini review of yours and how it compares to a Golf, Gtiless  :smiley:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline ChrisTCR

• Not said much yet
« Reply #53 on: 29 March 2020, 17:15 »
The Motech edition M135i looks great, does anyone know the additional cost to have it sitting like that one in the picture?

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #54 on: 29 March 2020, 19:14 »
M135i is growing on me. I think a Black one would look 👌
Hopefully VW won’t keep us waiting much longer before specs, prices and options will give us something to do of an evening  :whistle: :laugh:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Gtiless

• Here all the time
« Reply #55 on: 29 March 2020, 21:32 »

That's Motech number 2 car, I think it looks great.

Ive got a Misano blue M135i, Ive only had it just over a week and I think its fantastic up to now.

Do it- you wont regret it!!

The Motech car does look good, especially from the rear.  :cool:

How about a mini review of yours and how it compares to a Golf, Gtiless  :smiley:

:smiley:Ill have a bit of a think and see if I can string a coherant "review" of sorts together as a comparison to my Gti.

Leave it with me and see if I can come up with some thing worth reading!

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #56 on: 29 March 2020, 22:01 »
Don't forget the important things;-

• Does it have a gas strut to prop open the bonnet?

• How are the rear door cappings?

:nerd:
7.5 GTD

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #57 on: 29 March 2020, 23:25 »
:smiley: Ill have a bit of a think and see if I can string a coherant "review" of sorts together as a comparison to my Gti.

Leave it with me and see if I can come up with some thing worth reading!

:afro: just wing it!

Can’t be worse than some of the crap I’ve posted up over the years!

Features you prefer in one car and things you prefer in the other.
Some of the nice little touches you’ve noticed.
Any minor gripes.
How the engine, gearbox and suspension compare...

Doesn’t have to be written like a professional journalist, it’s always nice to read real owners thoughts in their own words.

A few standout things I remember from my test drive were along the lines of how rigid the shell felt which I only really appreciated when I jumped back into my CS and drove the same road again straight afterwards.

The solidity of the cabin plastics.

The Soundaktor sounded far better than the Golf one.

The exhaust pops made me smile on startup, thankfully absent on the move though. (Not thst I’ve got anything against exhaust snap crackle and pop as it can be very amusing, I’m just getting a bit old for all that)

Oh, and how darned good the rear end looked up close in the flesh.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #58 on: 29 March 2020, 23:26 »
Don't forget the important things;-

• Does it have a gas strut to prop open the bonnet?

• How are the rear door cappings?

:nerd:

:grin:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #59 on: 30 March 2020, 11:16 »
M135i is growing on me. I think a Black one would look 👌
Hopefully VW won’t keep us waiting much longer before specs, prices and options will give us something to do of an evening  :whistle: :laugh:

Followed one for quite distance at weekend (delivering supplies to a shielded individual will add) and the rear has a far better presence than the many photos that saw gave impression of to point made the statement that "quite like that"

Would have to see the rest of the car (which might be a while) to make a full judgement but view is tilted to the positive now from seeing one in person

Did a grand total of 90 miles in my TCR last week, the wife car has not moved for a fortnight - driving is an enjoyable and relaxing experience for me but other things take precedence obviously - will definitely be going on a long drive out to some area of beauty when times right again to.
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC