Author Topic: Alternatives to the TCR  (Read 11182 times)

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
Re: Alternatives to the TCR
« Reply #10 on: 20 March 2020, 09:18 »
Not 100% what it had but there was a grey one in St Albans when I visited which I think had windscreen and dynaudio

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 20 March 2020, 09:35 »
Not 100% what it had but there was a grey one in St Albans when I visited which I think had windscreen and dynaudio
👍👍
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Toeman

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 20 March 2020, 09:44 »
All the problems at present in the world and you are worried about a heated windscreen.  Madness

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 20 March 2020, 09:47 »
All the problems at present in the world and you are worried about a heated windscreen.  Madness

:grin: I was thinking the same!

I'd be hanging fire in the present climate as we are going to be in for some extremely tough times over the next 4-8 weeks. A friend who works for Porsche said they have closed for the factory initially for 2 weeks as of today. And their dealership is possibly closing as well.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline hepton

• Not said much yet
  • 2017 GTD
« Reply #14 on: 20 March 2020, 10:05 »
i work for a car factory shut untill further notice  :cry:
not looking good

Offline Panelpin

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 20 March 2020, 10:51 »
Bentley motors  is closing for 4 weeks from today

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 20 March 2020, 11:22 »
As painful as might be to discover, the first thing I would want to know is that my order is just delayed and will be fulfilled once times are deemed ok to.

It seems highly likely that none of us are not going to be driving as much as would then think I would likely just wait if the above statement gives me certainty that whenever time is appropriate the order will be completed.

Getting another car would be a painful experience of finding one on the forecourt that fits the spec that desire and that alone would be enough to just have me wait - Many things have and will go on extended hold before we can return to them and maybe with more appreciation and that will extend to the car.

So for me, just wait and not put self through a process that would likely be extended in its own right and might leave you not totally satisfied as you really wanted the TCR - Its a rare beast on roads and worth the wait even if longer than ever imagined but it is unprecedented times as we all know

Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 20 March 2020, 13:30 »
Why don't you actually read my first post where I clearly say about other things being more important or did you conveniently miss that bit!!
« Last Edit: 20 March 2020, 14:26 by mcmaddy »

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 20 March 2020, 13:34 »
As painful as might be to discover, the first thing I would want to know is that my order is just delayed and will be fulfilled once times are deemed ok to.

It seems highly likely that none of us are not going to be driving as much as would then think I would likely just wait if the above statement gives me certainty that whenever time is appropriate the order will be completed.

Getting another car would be a painful experience of finding one on the forecourt that fits the spec that desire and that alone would be enough to just have me wait - Many things have and will go on extended hold before we can return to them and maybe with more appreciation and that will extend to the car.

So for me, just wait and not put self through a process that would likely be extended in its own right and might leave you not totally satisfied as you really wanted the TCR - Its a rare beast on roads and worth the wait even if longer than ever imagined but it is unprecedented times as we all know
yes until I know for sure what's happening then nothing can and will be done. I'm in the position at the minute where I'm still driving into work daily so nothing reduced at all. Local councils don't seem to want to tell people to work at home unfortunately 🤷‍♂️

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 20 March 2020, 15:29 »
mcmaddy, that's a shame, hopefully your dealer will find out it's already built and awaiting shipping. It's a really great car so I'm sure you'll love it!

As for discussing new cars given the current issues, yes please! So much doom and gloom we need to escape from plus as horrible as things are for some people, life goes on and it's for living and enjoying while you can :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.