Author Topic: Spotting DCC in the Das Welt ads.  (Read 4715 times)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Re: Spotting DCC in the Das Welt ads.
« Reply #10 on: 16 March 2020, 09:48 »
Agree with above, although I've never had it in any car or either of my bog standard GTIs but if I was purchasing my 'own', it would certainly be high up on my desired options list.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline P6GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 16 March 2020, 14:45 »
I agree with the last poster’s summary. I appreciate the ability to alter the driving “mood” in yet another way. I must be one of the few that specced DCC on 18s rather than spending my budget on any of the visually more apparent upgrades.
Having run a standard Mk7 on 18s previously, would I now with the benefit of hindsight have paid the £600 net extra for DCC on my present 7.5?
I honestly don’t know the answer but I’m not concerned.
If DCC on 18s makes the car more desirable that’s a bonus.....as long as the purchaser (dealer maybe) knows what it is 3 years down the line!!
2019 5Dr Mk7.5 Performance DSG. Indium Grey with DCC (and TCR spoiler)

(Previously two Mk7 GTIs, Mk6 GTI and Mk6 GTD)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #12 on: 16 March 2020, 15:19 »
I had DCC on my Mk7 GTD with 18's for 3 years. Saved 900 quid on my Mk7.5 by not speccing it nearly 3 years ago.

Honestly never thought twice about it in almost 60,000 miles since not ticking the box, except when I consider that on PCP thats 900 quid I'll never see again because it makes zero impact on the GFV - most of the options don't.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #13 on: 16 March 2020, 17:36 »
Sadly not listed as a search option. The way VW dealers copy and paste the oem spec on VWs own used website, autotrader, pistonheads etc its a right pain trying to find a car speced with DCC i know your pain.  :sad:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Ashtons99

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 16 March 2020, 18:28 »
I have been today and test driven a non DCC car. It’s a 68 plate DSG 7.5 car done 10k miles on 19” Brecias. Lovely car, absolutely mint with nav, and some sort of light pack and tinted glass. Absolutely immaculate condition.
I really don’t know what to think about the DCC thing, Im guessing really need to try one “with”

I went out of the dealership onto the dodgy road surfaces of Barnsley and there was certainly some “noise” and feel through the chassis. Once out of the 30s onto the less urban roads it felt fine, I do have to consider I will be spending a lot of time on urban roads and not always caning it round the lanes !

The car is £23900 on the screen so with a bit of discount where I want to be.

Dilemma time

Offline Andy198

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 16 March 2020, 19:14 »
The DCC Y/N is as divisive as that other vote we had a few years ago...
For everyone that loves it (me) there’s someone who’d much rather spend the £900 on something more worthwhile. I’d definitely recommend sourcing a test drive on a car with DCC and take along your other half if they’ll be a regular passenger as they’ll have their own views on the ride. The passengers feel the ride more than the driver in my opinion. Mine is in Comfort setting 90% of the time and I love the ride, it’s supple, not bouncy and comfy.  Give it a go and decide.
GTI PP Mk7.5 with DCC, Sunroof, Brescias / BBS SR & 90% Tints

Offline Ashtons99

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 16 March 2020, 19:34 »
I know what you mean, daughter had a Fiesta ST, it was a spine crusher in the passenger seat

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 16 March 2020, 20:03 »
Having had DCC for 3 years, I never found a passenger who could tell the difference between sport and comfort.

Seriously...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 16 March 2020, 22:19 »
Having had DCC for 3 years, I never found a passenger who could tell the difference between sport and comfort.

Seriously...
The only serious thing about your post is either your DCC was broken or you didn’t know how to operate it.

Sport and comfort modes on DCC are like night and day, the difference isn’t marginal it’s huge! Even normal>sport and normal>comfort are significant change in comfort levels!
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 16 March 2020, 22:45 »
You can feel it as the driver.. But I said as the passenger.