Author Topic: Missus destroys 18" Monza Rims  (Read 7983 times)

Offline RCUK

• Not said much yet
Re: Missus destroys 18" Monza Rims
« Reply #20 on: 18 December 2006, 17:20 »
Just a quick heads up.

I used spit and polish to do a custom job on some alloys i bought for my integra.

They did a stunning job and the alloys which looked really rutted came up looking like new. would have no hesitation taking my alloy there, but will wait for it to have a few more marks on it first!
06 Candy White Gti
Standard ... for now.

Offline Mew

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 19 January 2008, 16:18 »
Hi all

just solved the problem of the electric windows, fixed the Ipod adapter and now this.

Yesterday on the way to pick up the children she went down a narrow road (2 way though) and a large truck misjudged the width of the road and she ended up swerving to the left and driving her new car up a 6 inch pavement :sick: to avoid being rammed by the truck.....

The damage?

Two new 18' inch Monza rims.
Two new bridgestone Low profile tyres.
And panelbeating to the sideskirts as they got a bit damaged.

The rims are scratched and chipped and the front tyres are missing large chunks of rubber :cry:

New rims arrive on Friday...

Just thought I would let you all now that the 17' inch rims can be repaired if damaged.
But the 18 inchers cant so stay away from narrow streets and large trucks :grin:

Cheers all

Aren't you 17? Your mrs has kids and a mk5???  :huh:

Peskarik

« Reply #22 on: 19 January 2008, 21:25 »
Hi all

just solved the problem of the electric windows, fixed the Ipod adapter and now this.

Yesterday on the way to pick up the children she went down a narrow road (2 way though) and a large truck misjudged the width of the road and she ended up swerving to the left and driving her new car up a 6 inch pavement :sick: to avoid being rammed by the truck.....

The damage?

Two new 18' inch Monza rims.
Two new bridgestone Low profile tyres.
And panelbeating to the sideskirts as they got a bit damaged.

The rims are scratched and chipped and the front tyres are missing large chunks of rubber :cry:

New rims arrive on Friday...

Just thought I would let you all now that the 17' inch rims can be repaired if damaged.
But the 18 inchers cant so stay away from narrow streets and large trucks :grin:

Cheers all

Aren't you 17? Your mrs has kids and a mk5???  :huh:
I wondered the same...

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 20 January 2008, 00:13 »
as above.

Skoda Octavia VRS DSG (soon!)
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

An a Signum for towing me old caravan!

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #24 on: 20 January 2008, 14:24 »
Lol

To whoever pulled this post out of the past thanks. Lol. Posted this ages ago.
My dad actually typed the heading and most of the post and I just proof read it. I was not there when the accident happened so I left it up to him to post.

Thanks heavens Im not 17 with a missus and kids  :evil:. I would die. Lol, Im not some fake internet guy. If thats what you were thinking Mew.

Any other questions?  :smiley:

The Ultimate Club for Mini Fanatics

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline Mew

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 20 January 2008, 14:28 »
Didn't even notice the date tbh, just that there were quite a few people reading the topic. It just confused me that you were 17 yet (what i though was) you were saying my missus and kids  :laugh:

Offline alex_123_fra

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 20 January 2008, 14:40 »
I know this is an old thread but my recommendations for the 2 best wheel refurbishers are:

1) Lepsons
2) Pristine alloy wheels

They repair alloys and strip paint and recoat using OEM techniques.  They are not cheap but the work is of unbelievable quality and I have used them on most of my cars with absolutely no flaking, fade or any complaints whatsoever.  They can also match the identical paint code of your alloys.  The only downside is you have to send them your wheel(s) as they don't operate a mobile service (which is why they achieve such good results).
Current:
'06 B7 RS4 saloon - Daytona Grey
'07 Mk V R32 - Diamond Black
'07 BMW 120d SE - Sapphire black
'05 Mini Cooper S JCW - Blackeye purple

Previous
'04 Noble M400 - Viper Grey
'05 Mitsibishi Evo VIII MR FQ340 - Gunmetal grey
'53 BMW M3 (E46) - Silver
'03 Honda Civic Type R - Black
'05 Mini Cooper S convertible - Grey

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #27 on: 20 January 2008, 15:14 »
Thanks for the heads up on that Alex. I think quite a lot of people probably refer to this thread.

Mew. I am 17. But its my moms car. lol

The Ultimate Club for Mini Fanatics

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.