Author Topic: Wo-Wo Easter Detailing Bundle - Starter Kit  (Read 12769 times)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: Wo-Wo Easter Detailing Bundle - Starter Kit
« Reply #10 on: 22 March 2016, 17:21 »
Just received my Easter bundle and I'm well impressed!
Already have the mitt and the towel but 2 is always better than one and the micro fibre clothes are very nice and red.
Nice work Neil as usual :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 24 March 2016, 15:02 »
Ordered as well....let the detailing begin!
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.

Offline Peter W

• GTI forum regular
  • 35 edition
« Reply #12 on: 24 March 2016, 15:49 »
Ordered and delivered in 2 days via Amazon, thanks, I hope they live up to the hype 😉
35 Edition | Deep Black Pearl | DSG | RNS510 | Leather | 19" Glendales | Lux & winter pack | F&R PDS + rear camera | Xenon & LED F&R
Michelin Pilot Super Sports PS4 | Stage 1

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 24 March 2016, 16:39 »
Ordered and delivered in 2 days via Amazon, thanks, I hope they live up to the hype 😉

They will.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 24 March 2016, 17:31 »
Am no bothered i might have another use for the lambs wool mitt...its ooooo soooo soft! :smiley:
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.

Offline Pixwix

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 24 March 2016, 19:34 »
Used my Wo-wo Easter kit today, wash mitt is lovely...much better than my old Meguairs one. So I've got most of the detailling kit as per this forum for this car so hope I can keep it swirl free ...I'll try not to get too frustrated that my neighbour uses a sponge and chamois and his 2 year old black Golf looks to have no swirls...still it's fun playing with the snow foam..

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 24 March 2016, 20:03 »
Used my Wo-wo Easter kit today, wash mitt is lovely...much better than my old Meguairs one. So I've got most of the detailling kit as per this forum for this car so hope I can keep it swirl free ...I'll try not to get too frustrated that my neighbour uses a sponge and chamois and his 2 year old black Golf looks to have no swirls...still it's fun playing with the snow foam..

If you were to cast an LED light over your neighbours car, I'd bet money on your finding rather a lot of swirls.  Does it look really black, black, or sort of nearly black which is a sure sign of swirls, usually so many, that they become individually indistinguishable.

Or maybe he one unbelievably lucky guy.  :grin:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 24 March 2016, 20:06 »
I'll try not to get too frustrated that my neighbour uses a sponge and chamois and his 2 year old black Golf looks to have no swirls...still it's fun playing with the snow foam..

Sponge + Chamois = Swirls, believe me. I've been there (but not for a good 5-6 years), and don't plan on going back!  :grin:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Pixwix

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 24 March 2016, 20:28 »
Going to have to sneak over sometime with my LED torch just to make myself happier.. :whistle:

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 24 March 2016, 23:04 »
I had an interesting conversation with a professional detailer when I was getting an estimate to remove the dealer induced swirls on our car. He was telling me he has loads of customers who use a sponge and they have no swirl marks at all.
He said it was all in the washing techniques and those folk using wash mitts were just as likely to cause swirls if they were going at it to hard.
Personally I wasn't convinced but then the more I thought about it, it probably has got some truth in it.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14