Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 374544 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: MK1 Black From The Dead (Big List Update - Crunch Time p87)
« Reply #890 on: 11 February 2011, 10:30 »
Diet MOT

Advisory?

:grin:

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #891 on: 11 February 2011, 12:12 »
Well if you'd rather have a failure then them saying "chan
ge that bulb" then i think youre odd.

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #892 on: 11 February 2011, 16:03 »
So, is it booked in yet?
My last two, the Mk1 and the VR6, passed with no advisories so I'm hoping I have saved some of that 'Angel Dust' for you :wink:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #893 on: 11 February 2011, 17:47 »
So, is it booked in yet?
My last two, the Mk1 and the VR6, passed with no advisories so I'm hoping I have saved some of that 'Angel Dust' for you :wink:

No, just got those few bits to do this weekend and will be booking for the end of the month... skint  :sad:

Yes please, give us a sprinkle.  :grin:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
MK1 Black From The Dead (Big List Update - Crunch Time p90)
« Reply #894 on: 12 February 2011, 22:00 »
The weather pretty much behaved itself so I got stuck in.

My dub is still not horny and I thought I'd discovered why, the earth from the body to the steering rack was perished, today I put a new strap on.  (not often you get horny and strap on in the same sentence on this site)  :grin:

Whilst still under the car I did a continuity test on the rack and bingo, rack is earthed, tested the horn wiring and nothing, test for continuity on the steering shaft and still nothing!  WTF!?  Posted the problem HERE, If anyone can help, please do.  I spent ages fecking about with it all and I was loosing light so gave up.  If I can't solve it soon then it's going to have to be a button on the dash and separate wiring and rely etc!  :sad:

Fitted the horns, shiny wing bolts, my heavily cleaned washer bottle, new jets and overkill silicone piping. (the beginning of the red theme)  :wink:

This side of the bay is still a bit messy.  Will tidy up when everything is sorted.  Got a better radiator cowling to refub and put on at a later date.

A mate popped over as he was bored and gave me hand with the timing... It's not been running right since it's been running.  :grin:

Turns out cam pulley was way out.  :shocked: Took cambelt off, lined it all up, cambelt back on, strobed it, got CO2 meter on it and after tinkering with mixture and idle to meet the engines spec of 1.8% CO2 at 1000 rpm she seems very eager now! (shame it's so tappety when revved, another job for another day).

No it hasn't got HID's in it before you ask, side lights have LEDs in for now, A long exposure has made them look a lot brighter than they are.
« Last Edit: 12 February 2011, 22:38 by SoundillusioN »

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
Re: MK1 Black From The Dead (MOT Stuff & Timing p90)
« Reply #895 on: 12 February 2011, 22:04 »
almost there bud, :afro:

and god i hope my new meighbours are as understanding as yours  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #896 on: 12 February 2011, 22:08 »
Good work :afro:

Whats on the cards for tomorrow then? :grin:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #897 on: 12 February 2011, 22:19 »
almost there bud, :afro:

and god i hope my new meighbours are as understanding as yours  :laugh: :laugh:

Tell me about it, I'm so close I've almost got butterflies in my belly!

My neighbours are sound, young couple one side (only moved in a few months ago) who are well into motorsport and seem very supportive to the cars resurrection! The other side are just really chilled, to be honest I do very little to annoy the neighbourhood apart from today when each CO2 test took 15 mins of running and I had to do it 3 times  (it's not the quietest of MK1s).  It wasn't late though, it was only 6pm when I took the pictures!

Hope your new neighbours are cool then.

Good work :afro:

Whats on the cards for tomorrow then? :grin:

The missus has man chores for me to do tomorrow, so probably very little.  However, I have managed to land myself a long weekend off work next week so that should be enough to see this car done and booked in for its test!  :lipsrsealed:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #898 on: 12 February 2011, 23:38 »
I guess it is running non hyd tappets, if so you might need them checking and adjusting.

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #899 on: 13 February 2011, 16:51 »
Looking good! Good luck with the MOT!

TBF though, my MOT was seriously, seriously a light MOT. But they still obviously checked all the suspension and brakes out which is handy cause you get a second set of eyes in case you've missed anything, not saying you have but it's just comforting.

As for my exhaust emissions at the time though.  :grin:

WTF I would MUCH rather have a FULL MOT rather than a 'seriously light' one...

of course... anything less than a FULL MOT would be illegal, would it not?

I don't know what Josho's MOT was like, but sometimes MOT testers doing full MOT's as you said Guy, fail you on the stupidest things, like no water in the screen wash tank or the tiniest of hole in the sill, or a slightly worn wiper blade.
I'm not up for unsafe MOT's, but I do think that some of the testers do like to find any little niggle to fail a car.