Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 374509 times)

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
Seriously though it's a valid question. I think most friends (especially the one who was with me on crash day) think I should tootle about in it as a weekend summer toy, my father in law says I should track it and take it to the ring.  :shocked:  I wouldn't mind a bit of both but fear (for the car) the latter.  Also it's nowhere near prepared for it.

Your father-in-law is correct.  :grin:

It's a tough one, because you're obviously rather attached to the car and there's a certain amount of cache regarding having an early car from what became GTI Engineering, but you're at a decision point at the point of finishing putting it back together, where you need to decide do you preserve it and only make 'period' modifications to it, or does it become something you're developing for your own driving pleasure and modifications to it are entirely function-based. 

The bonnet is a prime example - it's a period modification and you could put period big-assed carbs on the motor (go find an Oettinger 16V  :grin:), or it would allow you to put ITBs on the front of a 9A 16V motor and get more air to them and go like f*ck.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Seriously though it's a valid question. I think most friends (especially the one who was with me on crash day) think I should tootle about in it as a weekend summer toy, my father in law says I should track it and take it to the ring.  :shocked:  I wouldn't mind a bit of both but fear (for the car) the latter.  Also it's nowhere near prepared for it.

Your father-in-law is correct.  :grin:

It's a tough one, because you're obviously rather attached to the car and there's a certain amount of cache regarding having an early car from what became GTI Engineering, but you're at a decision point at the point of finishing putting it back together, where you need to decide do you preserve it and only make 'period' modifications to it, or does it become something you're developing for your own driving pleasure and modifications to it are entirely function-based. 

The bonnet is a prime example - it's a period modification and you could put period big-assed carbs on the motor (go find an Oettinger 16V  :grin:), or it would allow you to put ITBs on the front of a 9A 16V motor and get more air to them and go like f*ck.

Attached is an understatement  :grin:

Well at the moment i'm thinking period-ish, especially in the looks department anyway.  I will never attempt to earn Scene Points with it as i'm not bothered.  I'll be happy as a pig in sh*t if I can eventually get this car sorted aesthetically and mechanically to the highest but realistic standard I can.  By that I mean a professional paint job and the original engine running like it should for my own driving pleasure.  Would love to see how much I can squeeze back out of the motor before I attempt any modifications or transplant (advice may be required soon).  I'm expecting power to be down quite a bit at the moment.  Can't wait to see by how much and address it!

Oettinger head, yes please but fat chance.. Period engine though any day.

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
The more I look at the most recent pics the more I think you should do the whole car satin black  :cool:

Offline dan_apps

• I live here
  • too low for british roads!
this is looking very good now topwork that man! :afro:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
The more I look at the most recent pics the more I think you should do the whole car satin black  :cool:

Soon........... When the weathers on my side.  :wink:

this is looking very good now topwork that man! :afro:

Cheers Dan

Offline BiGUKG

• Here all the time
  • Simples!
Considering what it was like it look's f*cking lovely mate! Bet you're well proud of it? Love the wheels and can't wait to see this done!

http://www.vw-southeast.co.uk
"The community for enthusiasts and owners in the South East"

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
Gonna look bad boy mate is this car once completed, id prob have normal black paint tho (nd not satin)

that hood looks great, good find :cool:

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
Considering what it was like it look's f*cking lovely mate! Bet you're well proud of it? Love the wheels and can't wait to see this done!

Thanks, yeah I'm feeling more love now its looking loads better.  getting there.  :lipsrsealed:

Gonna look bad boy mate is this car once completed, id prob have normal black paint tho (nd not satin)

that hood looks great, good find :cool:

So would I and I will when the time is right...... Bonnet trial fit on Saturday.

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
 :cool:

That.
Is.
All.
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline maisy

• GTI forum regular
  • feelin the dub love
up dates please, hate cliff hangers  :rolleyes:

[/img][/URL]<br /><br />KEEP CALM AND CARRY SPARES<br />