Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 374468 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: MK1 Black From The Dead (New Seats & Frames Fitted p59)
« Reply #600 on: 15 December 2010, 12:38 »
Its an outdoor cable and hmmm. I might have to. I want a bigger shed ne way so I can get more car stuff in to play with. Take ur not workin on mk1 2day?

nope, it's pi55ing down and i'm at work anyway.  :sad:

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #601 on: 15 December 2010, 12:49 »
English weather can't change that. Is all the kit coming together now?

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #602 on: 15 December 2010, 12:55 »
English weather can't change that. Is all the kit coming together now?
you can see some of it in the shed picture on the right, it's all on top of the monkey bike (another project).. all one side is Satin, the other needs an arch and a skirt smoothing down and painting.... The front valance is um, bright yellow at the moment!

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #603 on: 15 December 2010, 13:15 »
Bright yellow for the win. I take that's all gettin painted and refitted then mot??

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #604 on: 15 December 2010, 13:36 »
Bright yellow for the win. I take that's all gettin painted and refitted then mot??
  Kind of, got a few other jobs that need doing before then, It's hard to see in the early pics of this thread but the valance got a bit of beating by the bumper thats crushed above it. The yellow is just a stage, it will be black soon.

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #605 on: 15 December 2010, 14:59 »
Hmmm. I've seen the pics of the front end, it does not look nice. Good to see it being restored/ brought back from the dead. Some people would of let the scrap man come for it.

Offline lewis1641

• I live here
  • stuck in the 90's
« Reply #606 on: 15 December 2010, 15:17 »
seats look good shaun, sorry,scott!

good shed too. that's a pretty small surfboard. you must be either tiny or very good

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
« Reply #607 on: 15 December 2010, 15:51 »
Seats look really nice,ive never been a fan of big recaro style seats in small hatch backs but these look spot on mate nice work  :wink:
Golf Gti

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #608 on: 15 December 2010, 15:54 »
Seats do look nice. The bolsters had deteriorated and the back was twisted on my Mk 1 drivers seat. I took the cover off and managed to fit it to a Mk 2 seat that was in much better condition. Did ever cut my hands though, there are bits sticking out all over the place!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #609 on: 15 December 2010, 16:09 »
seats look good shaun, sorry,scott!

good shed too. that's a pretty small surfboard. you must be either tiny or very good
Cheers bob....
It's a 6 footish board and yeah I am an excellent surfer if I do say so myself,  :grin:

Joke... I can't surf for sh*t.. It was given to me by my girlfriends company as a thank you for doing them a video at boardmasters, newquay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYpLNRifMUI

Seats look really nice,ive never been a fan of big recaro style seats in small hatch backs but these look spot on mate nice work  :wink:

Thanks, I'm not a big fan either normally but thought they would work well with the rest of the car when done and were perfect for my budget, the mint spare set of OEM seats I had have long been sold!  :sad:

Seats do look nice. The bolsters had deteriorated and the back was twisted on my Mk 1 drivers seat. I took the cover off and managed to fit it to a Mk 2 seat that was in much better condition. Did ever cut my hands though, there are bits sticking out all over the place!

Cheers, what the metal wire bits?..... ouch.... The heated recaro that was in originally was totally fooked, the car came with a mint pair of front seats to be fitted, crash happened before I got the chance followed by me selling the seats!  I was on the look out for something like a pair of mk2 seats but gave up and got what I have now.  Had a few fitting issues with these, may try sticking the driver seat on the Recaro frame at some point to see if I can get a better driving position with it.

Shaun