Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 374677 times)

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
Re: SoundillusioN - MK1 Black From The Dead (Bonnet & Heat Wrap p39)
« Reply #390 on: 28 October 2010, 12:04 »
More good progress :afro:

I think you should spray the underside of the bonnet red, looks good like that  :grin:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #391 on: 28 October 2010, 13:14 »
Good progress here Shaun, keep up the good work! :afro:
Thanks bud

Its comming along there mate. Just what I needed to read to motivate me to go spray my boot up.
Ha ha well thats good to know....  yeah not much time left for stuff like this unless you're blessed with a heated unit/garage or something!

I think you should spray the underside of the bonnet red, looks good like that  :grin:

Cheers, ha its funny, i was thinking similar, I want this car to look retro as it always has done, am thinking of a typical red and black theme..... engine bay lots of red bits, side trim red etc.  The bonnet I thought I could do it black but with red beams, or the beams black and skin red??
« Last Edit: 28 October 2010, 18:20 by SoundillusioN »

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #392 on: 28 October 2010, 13:21 »
Yeh I'm not blessed so its been done today. You seem to have good ideas about you mk1. Its gunna b sweet as when its finished

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #393 on: 28 October 2010, 18:18 »
Yeh I'm not blessed so its been done today. You seem to have good ideas about you mk1. Its gunna b sweet as when its finished
Yeah i just saw you post but no pics..........yet.....  I dont let on too much until i know i can do it... cash holds me back though too!...

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #394 on: 28 October 2010, 18:48 »
Yeh I know what you mean about cash stops all imagination. That's why I havnt got my mk1 yet. :) is there ne more plans for urs or is it nearly done?

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #395 on: 28 October 2010, 19:54 »

Cheers, ha its funny, i was thinking similar, I want this car to look retro as it always has done, am thinking of a typical red and black theme..... engine bay lots of red bits, side trim red etc.  The bonnet I thought I could do it black but with red beams, or the beams black and skin red??

YES YES YES

i thought it looked good but im glad others agree.... keep the underside red fo' sho'  :cool:

looking like good progress

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #396 on: 28 October 2010, 21:49 »
Hi Shaun, I'm keeping tabs on what you're up to and you're doing well.
I've been lucky and enjoyed using mine this year. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #397 on: 28 October 2010, 23:36 »
I would have painted the underside of the bonnet black to be honest.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #398 on: 29 October 2010, 09:57 »
Yeh I know what you mean about cash stops all imagination. That's why I havnt got my mk1 yet. :) is there ne more plans for urs or is it nearly done?
nowhere near done mate... nearly road worthy though!..... then the good stuff starts.....  i'll probably put some plans up soon and whats left to do etc.... so you want a MK1... cool, hope you get one, not enough active MK1 people one here.  what sort are you after?

YES YES YES

i thought it looked good but im glad others agree.... keep the underside red fo' sho'  :cool:

looking like good progress

Thanks, its currently faded red turned pick and still rusty at the mo.  taking short cuts till its on the road now... will do something decent with it, but don't think all red....  :undecided:

I would have painted the underside of the bonnet black to be honest.

I hope you realise that I haven't touched the underside yet..... its still rusty and pink..  hence why it looks so cr@p at the moment.

Hi Shaun, I'm keeping tabs on what you're up to and you're doing well.
I've been lucky and enjoyed using mine this year. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Thanks Rich.... Yeah be good to see you again too but in one piece this time  :grin:  glad you got to have some fun in yours this year....  Whatever happened to topher and your old tin top??
« Last Edit: 29 October 2010, 11:42 by SoundillusioN »

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #399 on: 29 October 2010, 11:13 »
Ummm a 1.1, hard top. Av sourced one in mars red. Fresh respray so just waitin to sort the money out for it. Obv puttin my engine into it. After a new g/b :(