Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 374471 times)

Offline shepgti

• I live here
Re: SoundillusioN - MK1 Black From The Dead (Foggy)
« Reply #300 on: 21 September 2010, 21:44 »
well i went out and did some poking about today and im going to need a few panels  :grin: will be attempting to get the front wings off tommorow  :embarassed:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #301 on: 22 September 2010, 10:08 »
well i went out and did some poking about today and im going to need a few panels  :grin: will be attempting to get the front wings off tommorow  :embarassed:
Cool... i did see seme pictures of it not too long ago... didnt look too bad...  Yeah get em off and see what the crack is.  should be fine.  its the rear arches that can be trouble, the lips on mine were starting to go!

Offline shepgti

• I live here
« Reply #302 on: 22 September 2010, 15:11 »
Cool... i did see seme pictures of it not too long ago... didnt look too bad...  Yeah get em off and see what the crack is.  should be fine.  its the rear arches that can be trouble, the lips on mine were starting to go!

once it starts it just dont stop  :grin: from my poking ive deduced i need 2 sills 2 rear inner arches(well only the bottom bits near the sill really) and a little reapair to the front n/s wing but the o/s wing is near mint. will be buying a welder soon and getting taught to weld! eeek :evil:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #303 on: 22 September 2010, 23:17 »

once it starts it just dont stop  :grin: from my poking ive deduced i need 2 sills 2 rear inner arches(well only the bottom bits near the sill really) and a little reapair to the front n/s wing but the o/s wing is near mint. will be buying a welder soon and getting taught to weld! eeek :evil:
Shame it needs those things but if you're going to tackle, thats great!... priceless skill welding... I need to learn one day me thinks, or i'll just call on you in the furture!  :laugh:

Offline shepgti

• I live here
« Reply #304 on: 22 September 2010, 23:21 »
yeah once i get my welding to a decent level and complete this car i will go mad and buy up all sorts of classic rust buckets!! :grin:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #305 on: 22 September 2010, 23:35 »
Like this guy!

Scary!

Offline shepgti

• I live here
« Reply #306 on: 22 September 2010, 23:48 »
Like this guy!

Scary!

awsome link, some similar stuff i need to do but not quite as bad!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #307 on: 23 September 2010, 00:17 »
Like this guy!

Scary!

i know... dedication or what.. here's another! with a how to

Offline shepgti

• I live here
« Reply #308 on: 23 September 2010, 00:27 »
Like this guy!

Scary!

i know... dedication or what.. here's another! with a how to

these threads are GOLD! ive been looking in the worng place it seems!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #309 on: 23 September 2010, 11:38 »
Yeah they're pretty good, i found them when i was looking for cars that had inner wing repairs like mine.  I googled "Mk1 golf inner wing weld".... those two threads are the sort of cars where most people would scrap them!.. on that mig welding site there's some amazing non dub welding projects, people attacking what looks to be impossible.