Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 376848 times)

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
Re: SoundillusioN - MK1 Black From The Dead
« Reply #40 on: 26 April 2010, 19:46 »
stick a request up in the virtual modifications section :afro:

someone sorts it out for you eventually

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #41 on: 26 April 2010, 19:50 »
stick a request up in the virtual modifications section :afro:

someone sorts it out for you eventually
cheesr mate... thats why i couldnt find it, for some reason i was searching for virtual garage!

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #42 on: 27 April 2010, 13:50 »
Alarm fitters really do seem to be one of the lower forms of automotive life.  Wherever there's an alarm system there always seem to be reels of wire shoved up under dashboards and a whole bonfire's worth of Scotchlocks.  Well done for clearing it out.  Sometimes you've just got to be brave!

Please get the three-spokes f*cked off out of it ASAP - they're ruining an otherwise particularly nice looking Golf.  They remain one of automotive fashion's most heinous crimes.  As you've pointed out - it's not like they're of the period when the car was originally built.  Keeping them is clearly just folly.

Put them on Edition 38, priced strongly, pointing out you have to inflate them from the centre.  Some knob will buy them.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #43 on: 27 April 2010, 16:15 »
Alarm fitters really do seem to be one of the lower forms of automotive life.  Wherever there's an alarm system there always seem to be reels of wire shoved up under dashboards and a whole bonfire's worth of Scotchlocks.  Well done for clearing it out.  Sometimes you've just got to be brave!

Please get the three-spokes f*cked off out of it ASAP - they're ruining an otherwise particularly nice looking Golf.  They remain one of automotive fashion's most heinous crimes.  As you've pointed out - it's not like they're of the period when the car was originally built.  Keeping them is clearly just folly.

Put them on Edition 38, priced strongly, pointing out you have to inflate them from the centre.  Some knob will buy them.
I know, it was insane behind the dash, they couldnt even be ar5ed to get rid of excess cable in so many places! many of the alarm looms were just realed up and tied to other looms as tight as they could!.. i had issues starting the car in the past as i could hear buzzing in the dash, this was down to bad soldering. could have caused far worse! i dont need to rant on anyway, you've seen the pictures of how it looked with the dash out!... the cars looms were fooked though, i tried to save them but then i would be making lots of new connections to replace the damage.  It was best to start again!

I always intended to ditch the wheels, i was just shocked when some said i should keep them even though they didnt like them, maybe they're trying to make sure i look like a t1t!  :laugh: They're in great condition, i like your plan! :grin:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #44 on: 27 April 2010, 16:19 »
bbs sportlines will suit it well - if you can find a set, took me ages to get a set and once i fitted them to the G2 i didnt like them  :laugh:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #45 on: 27 April 2010, 16:22 »
bbs sportlines will suit it well - if you can find a set, took me ages to get a set and once i fitted them to the G2 i didnt like them  :laugh:
which are the sportlines again?

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #46 on: 27 April 2010, 22:05 »
black centred RA

as seen

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #47 on: 27 April 2010, 22:12 »
black centred RA

as seen

doh! spooky.... did you not see me say the same here, except i didnt refer to them as sportlines? http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=152606.msg1401088#msg1401088

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #48 on: 29 April 2010, 15:02 »
just had a quick shop done by jmsheahan thank you kind sir!!!

what do you think?

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #49 on: 29 April 2010, 15:12 »
I like :afro:

Only thing i'm not too sure about is the lip, is it white? If so I reckon silver might look a little better?  :lipsrsealed: