Author Topic: mk4 1.8T GTi golf revo-remap  (Read 20165 times)

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
Re: mk4 1.8T GTi golf revo-remap
« Reply #30 on: 03 January 2009, 10:53 »
Or just buy a MK5 :D !

Jkctr

« Reply #31 on: 03 January 2009, 10:53 »

lol thats what im doing  :grin:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #32 on: 03 January 2009, 11:06 »
yawn

Jkctr

« Reply #33 on: 03 January 2009, 11:20 »
yawn

You sound tired mate, late night?  :smiley:

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #34 on: 03 January 2009, 11:36 »
:D !

Offline Ivor Mk4 Turbo

• Forum addict
  • 2014 PP GTi Manual
« Reply #35 on: 03 January 2009, 16:56 »
Even remapped to 220 bhp the CTR will win in a drag and a race round a circuit. So much about speed and cornering is to do with weight, this is the Honda's trump card.

Back to real world stuff, if you were in your remapped Mk4 and wanted to overtake rapidly you can just plant your foot and it goes. In the CTR you have to change gear to get the revs to 6k and then you go....very fast.

I was talking about the EP3, don't know if you were??

On a track, yes I'd agree with you - They handle very well.

BUT,

In a straight line drag............................................  No way!! 

My (202 bhp Mk4 on Jabbasport print-out, so more likely 195 bhp in reality) outdragged both my mates EP3 CTR (204 bhp) - JUST & another (anon) boggo one quite easily.  My car now, with 215-220 bhp would do it a lot easier, now, IMO. 

So your modified turbo car beat a lightly modded n/a car and a standard n/a car. A ctr with a remap (kpro) and some breathing mods will be at 220+bhp and will be quicker than a mapped gti mk4 as ive said in other threads. My 220bhp ctr was a good 3 car lengths ahead of my mates mk4 which he said easily had 230bhp! When it came to a corner i never saw him again.

At the end of the day though the mk4 is cheaper to buy and so can be made much quicker for less than the cost of a 2nd hand standard ctr. Even the score and give the ctr some boost(i.e. supercharger) and you will be leaving behind standard sti's and evo's.

If your going to compare a car to another they should be equal, otherwise you could say a smart car is faster than every mk4 on here!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=k9YTcdF9-2E

Of course it isnt, but a modified one can be.

If your goal is to be faster than another car, you might as well save the hassle and buy that car! It will be less likely to go wrong and will do those speeds all day long.
I could rev my old type r to 8600rpm all day and it wouldnt miss a beat as it was made for it, i wouldnt like to red line a highly modded car all day long unless it had had serious money spent on fortifying the internals!

If you'd bother to read the posts properly, instead of getting a hard-on everytime you see the words 'Civic Type-R', you'd realise that my post was in response to someone saying that a standard CTR would out drag a 220 bhp Mk4 Golf, which I pointed out is 100%, absolutely no arguments, untrue, as my 195 bhp Golf saw off both the SLIGHTLY modded & standard CTR.  ;)

I'm so happy you love CTR's & the way they can 'out-handle' a Mk4 Golf - Not hard is it??!!  :rolleyes:  I think, no I'm positive, I even admitted that a CTR would be quicker on a track, FFS, so I don't even know why you've brought this up!!  However, IMO, the CTR has even less steering feel than the Golf.  I sure hope you're not confusing 'grip' with 'handling'??  :afro:

I'm not even saying my Golf is better than a CTR - It isn't in some areas, & is in others!  They're 2 VERY different cars which people buy for their own reasons/lifestyle etc.  ;)

I agree with you on something, though, it's always better (but arguably less fun) to buy a quick car in the first place!  :)
Current Car:- 2014 GTI PP manual, white.

Make way for..... 'The Silver Bullet'! 227 bhp, KO3-S'd AGU, R-TECH Spec 2 map 8), Forge 007P, Blueflame Turbo-back, Eibach -30mm's, YellowStuff front/RedStuff rear pads, Goodridge braided lines, TT Short-shifter, R32 Dogbone, TT W/B bushes, Forge TIP, G60 fly/VR6 clutch, 5.5 ltr washer bottle,

Car now for sale >>> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=140614.0

Offline Ivor Mk4 Turbo

• Forum addict
  • 2014 PP GTi Manual
« Reply #36 on: 03 January 2009, 16:59 »

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...................................................  Ed. 30!!!

Current Car:- 2014 GTI PP manual, white.

Make way for..... 'The Silver Bullet'! 227 bhp, KO3-S'd AGU, R-TECH Spec 2 map 8), Forge 007P, Blueflame Turbo-back, Eibach -30mm's, YellowStuff front/RedStuff rear pads, Goodridge braided lines, TT Short-shifter, R32 Dogbone, TT W/B bushes, Forge TIP, G60 fly/VR6 clutch, 5.5 ltr washer bottle,

Car now for sale >>> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=140614.0

Jkctr

« Reply #37 on: 03 January 2009, 17:30 »
If you'd bother to read the posts properly, instead of getting a hard-on everytime you see the words 'Civic Type-R'

:rolleyes: Calm down. I sold my Type r over a month ago to get a golf so i cant love them that much. I have a lot of experience with them though as i had it at a few levels of power and remember how it performed standard and modded.

my post was in response to someone saying that a standard CTR would out drag a 220 bhp Mk4 Golf, which I pointed out is 100%, absolutely no arguments, untrue

:laugh:
On paper i would agree a car 20bhp down couldnt win. But 20bhp isnt much and factors such as tyre pressure, passengers or the amount of fuel could affect the outcome! That statement is laughably silly  :smiley:

However, IMO, the CTR has even less steering feel than the Golf.  I sure hope you're not confusing 'grip' with 'handling'??  :afro:

I didnt at any point mention either word 'grip' or 'handling', so not sure where that has come from? :undecided:

Offline dobber

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #38 on: 03 January 2009, 21:12 »
Well i've had 2 CTR's (ep3), a Honda Integra Type-R (DC5) , Leon Cupra R and now the GOlf 1.8 GTi (Lots of cars before, in between though :) )

The Leon was chipped up to 265bhp which in a straight drag was the fastest :)

The first CTR i modified a lot, nothing tasteless mind. It was chipped, full N1 racing exhaust system, lowered, MUgen filter, plus lots of other bits and bobs. That was a very quick car and kept up with my mates S2000 very easily.

The second CTR was the facelift version. Slightly modified. This im sorry would keep up and at the very least draw in a drag with a modified GTi.

The best of the lot was the Integra, very strong in all gears and handling to die for. There is no other better front wheel drive handling car.

With the Honda's though you have to be ready to drive fast, with th eVW its the lazy way. If you want to go fast just put your foot down and zzzoooomm :)

Each to their own, they are all fast cars but the CTR will always beat the modified Golf GTi ;)
I shall cleave you in twain with the Mighty Sword of Dobber. (Harry Enfield and Chums)

Offline jonnyturbo

• Forum addict
« Reply #39 on: 03 January 2009, 21:23 »
Thourt this was a MKIV golf section hmmm
Gone but still keeping a close eye on it...

Mk4 golf 1.8t AUM Hybrid K03s. Custom Mapped by R-tech to 260bhp. CR hybrid turbo Audi TT injectors / fuel pump, Forge tip,THS FMIC,Carbonio CAI, Full milltek turbo back, N249 bypass, Fully poly bushed, Weitec coils. Genuine R32 front bumper and Genuine R-line rear, Genuine Porsche twists, Anniversary black interior.