Author Topic: Quick question on fitting  (Read 1362 times)

Offline thebr

• Not said much yet
Quick question on fitting
« on: 24 September 2010, 14:37 »
Hi can i just check something, im looking at installing the LG LAC8900RN Bluetooth CD Tuner (nice price at £130, A2DP, USB, Aux In etc and i have an Android phone), to replace my VW Gamma in my 1999 VW Golf MkIV.

Having read around a bit i would also need a PC5-133 VAG removal tool, PC2-69-4 Wiring Adaptor and a PC5-90 for the Ariel i believe.

However, as the new unit is Single DIN and the old one is Dual din, do i get a cage with the new head unit (which i presume will be single din) and stick in something like the adapter below, or do i fit it in the existing cage (if there is one) and the adapter below to cover the hole?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FP-016-Volkswagen-Double-Single-DIN-Adaptor-/160449263789?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_FasciaPlates_SM&hash=item255b8578ad

Or do i need to buy a new cage?

Thanks
« Last Edit: 24 September 2010, 14:42 by thebr »

Offline dragonfly

• I live here
Re: Quick question on fitting
« Reply #1 on: 24 September 2010, 15:42 »
The new LG should come with a cage. Remove the old unit, insert the single din trim, attach the cage, connect the LG, slide in the unit. Enjoy your music.  Switch it off.  Turn it on and realise it hasn't remembered your settings! Swear at the unit. Find keys to remove LG. Pull out unit - swap red and yellow wires over. Reset your preferences. Check clock and note it's a minute out compared to your watch and the dash.

:smiley:
« Last Edit: 24 September 2010, 15:46 by dragonfly »

Offline thebr

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 24 September 2010, 16:14 »
So i should swap the Red and Yellow wires?

Weird, i though the convertor would be all i would need to get this up and running.

Offline dragonfly

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 24 September 2010, 16:28 »
Try as it is with the convertor. If it doesn't remember your settings then swap them around.

Offline thebr

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 24 September 2010, 16:28 »
Cant argue with that  :grin:

Thanks