Author Topic: CIS conversion to EFI  (Read 6146 times)

Offline chezz

• Not said much yet
Re: CIS conversion to EFI
« Reply #10 on: 05 September 2013, 21:04 »
Cheers Gaz,much appreciated, I need to compare this to the thread pitch of the brass CIS inserts now...anyone got one handy? and then I'll leave you all in peace!

Offline Ben@VWH

• Forum Supporter
  • GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 20 September 2013, 10:27 »
10v cis engines had the 22x1.5 injector seats. so you can screw digifant 8v seats straight in. They're still available from the dealer too! If you did have an odd cylinder head with m24 seats, you can use modified 1.8t injector seats (agu versions are m24 and later versions are m22 iirc) but you won't need to as yours will be m22.
 :smiley:

Offline chezz

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 07 October 2013, 18:35 »
cheers fella's your information and assistance is much appreciated.

Offline raferackstraw

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 05 November 2013, 20:18 »
hi op
i dont want to piss on your parade but surely an m45 is not going to give you any meaningful gains, from some threads i have read on club gti an m45 on a 4cyl vw is not enough to produce any real significant gains.
the recommendations have been to go for an m62 on a vw 1.8 4 cyl, with a 5 pot audi surely you would need at least an m62 to flow enough air to feed a 5 pot?

wayne gardner smokes one rothmans too many
500cc 2stroke bad for ya health

Offline chezz

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 01 February 2014, 19:25 »
According to Eaton, these are good for vehicles for up to 3.0L    the gearing of the pulleys is crucial when you are setting these up. I am hopefully looking to gain a moderate 7psi....I have room to mount another M45 -  if disaster strikes...

Offline gazareth

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 01 February 2014, 20:22 »
are turbo/superchargers not rated more by the bhp rather than the engine capacity???