Author Topic: Wet rear foot well drivers side  (Read 10757 times)

Offline Walts

• Not said much yet
Re: Wet rear foot well drivers side
« Reply #10 on: 26 July 2016, 18:40 »
Sunroof rear drainage hose has come off or blocked is my guess.

How could I check that please? Any ideas welcome  :huh:

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 29 July 2016, 10:18 »
Not sure on the Golf, but if you dry the carpet out and pour water into the car in that area you will tell if the carpet gets damp again. Or if under warranty just take it to the dealer as it is up to them to diagnose it. :wink:

Offline corgi

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 01 August 2016, 08:43 »
There could be any number of reasons... All of the above could be a cause but without the ability to investigate all the answers are educated guesses based on previous experiences.

Has the car had a new windscreen?

I'd be taking it to the dealers (under warranty or not) to have it investigated, long term this sort of water ingress is not a good thing...

Carbon Grey Metallic, GTD 3 Door Manual, Dynaudio and Advanced Phone Prep
In the Garage: 2010 Jaguar XKR 5.0 Supercharged Convertible replaced 2004 911 (996) Carrera 4S Cabriolet (15/3/15)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 01 August 2016, 10:13 »
Often, water in the foot wells is down to the window regulator carrier panel seal. On all cars, water runs down the windows and some gets into the door, past the outer scraper seal. The water then drains out through drain holes in the bottom of the door and runs out over the cills to the outside. In the old days there was a plastic membrane that stopped water that was inside the door from coming into the car. These days the plastic has been replaced with a metal panel that has the window motors and other such stuff attached to. If this panels seal fails, water can seep out from behind it, run down the inside of the door and out from behind the door card, over the cill and onto the carpet.

A way to check if this is happening is to run a hosepipe down the outside of the window with the door open. Water should be seen running out through the bottom of the door, via the drain holes. If you can see any coming out from behind the door card, there's your problem.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Walts

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 02 August 2016, 07:38 »
I get a similar build up but only ever on the passenger side......... once the heats on or the doors open it soon clears and haven't noticed any water inside yet?

Just for the record the pics I added are the only symptoms my car seems to have.

It's not wet inside the cabin, it's not wet inside the boot and on checking the sunroof drains with water they seem to run free?

Not sure if mines an issue or not and not sure what VW could do to try and trace the cause?

Offline 09GTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 03 August 2016, 19:43 »
Took it to dealer last Thursday - they still have it - diagnosed a leak from the rear door speaker - they are seeking approval from VW to replace all the carpet !
2014 Mk 7 GTI 5 door , Discover Pro , Pan Roof , DSG , ACC, Xenons , Parking  Sensors  , Rear Tints, KESSY.