Author Topic: Golf R service qurstion  (Read 1986 times)

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
Golf R service qurstion
« on: 02 February 2015, 09:08 »
Hi,  OK my car is coming up for a service,  it was registered on the 19-3-2014 so I was expecting to service it on or around this day as I asked VW to put it on T&D, now the change oil service message has come up and is saying it needs the oil doing in just 15 days (so the 17-2-15)!!,  so I am guessing they didn't set it to T&D,  i rang up my local VW and they said ignore the message and just service it on the 19-3 but others say this is not right!!,  TBH I'm now confused by it.
Having owned a few performance VWs I have always done them on T&D and want to do the same with the R,  especially as I have the 3 year service package.

So is it OK to ignore the oil change light?,  also those on long life beware it's not very long!!,  PS I have only done 5k miles too.

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
Re: Golf R service qurstion
« Reply #1 on: 02 February 2015, 09:35 »
If you have only done 5k miles and the engine oil is at the correct level, just book it in on its first birthday as that is the correct service regime for the vehicle......

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 02 February 2015, 09:39 »
I don't have an R (yet!) I had the oil change warning pop up. When I rang my dealer their response was basically it is the same thing as a service. If you do short journeys you get the oil change message. If you do longer journeys you might get a couple more months but the work needed is the same. Ie first service. I paid £153 job done.
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 02 February 2015, 09:44 »
Lets be clear on this - you can get a service any time you want..... BUT - the correct service interval for a car doing up to 10,000 annual miles is once a year. There is no requirement to get the service done earlier unless that mileage is exceeded in the first year regardless of the type of driving. if it makes you feel happier then fine but the book says 10k or one year, whatever is soonest.

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 02 February 2015, 12:02 »
Lets be clear on this - you can get a service any time you want..... BUT - the correct service interval for a car doing up to 10,000 annual miles is once a year. There is no requirement to get the service done earlier unless that mileage is exceeded in the first year regardless of the type of driving. if it makes you feel happier then fine but the book says 10k or one year, whatever is soonest.

Its a shame the service manual isn't so clear.

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 02 February 2015, 14:31 »
Mine had done just over 9K and is a year old 15th Mar so I am not quibbling over a few weeks here or there.
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

physio

« Reply #6 on: 02 February 2015, 14:38 »
I had same thing on my gti last oct came up 6 weeks earlysaying service due
 the dealer said leave it until it was 12 months old so I got them to send me an E mail  saying same thing so at least I had proof if something did go wrong