Author Topic: GSF alternators  (Read 3899 times)

Offline daniel-1986

• Here all the time
Re: GSF alternators
« Reply #10 on: 01 October 2008, 11:21 »
theres only oil on it from when the oil pressure switch was spraying oil everywhere

Offline mattneck(Beavis)

• I live here
  • Bristol's Own (DJ) Beavis ;-)
« Reply #11 on: 01 October 2008, 17:56 »
youll be sound. as long as nothing structural is all.. some people walk off grumbling then come back with one from the scrappy for £10 and get their £30 surcharge back.. at elast they dont lose it all then  :grin:
Sig Removed. No Longer Applicable. New Sig? Nah. Not Yet..

Sharpo says: (16:57:39)
to be honest i dont doubt that half ggti users have a shortcut on their desktop for sharpie's last posts

Offline kittie

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 02 October 2008, 11:25 »
Just don't buy one from Euro, got a starter from there a couple of weeks ago and now I have to start the car with the aid of a hammer  :angry:

Offline daniel-1986

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 02 October 2008, 11:27 »
i will be going to GSF as it only 20 minutes away

Offline daniel-1986

• Here all the time
« Reply #14 on: 09 October 2008, 14:42 »
youll be sound. as long as nothing structural is all.. some people walk off grumbling then come back with one from the scrappy for £10 and get their £30 surcharge back.. at elast they dont lose it all then  :grin:

got one today, fitted it. though i did damage the fan as i had to try and get the pulley off as the new one didnt have it but i took my old one back with a damaged fan and got my surcharge back, he didnt even look in the box

Dinky

« Reply #15 on: 09 October 2008, 19:09 »
Just don't buy one from Euro, got a starter from there a couple of weeks ago and now I have to start the car with the aid of a hammer  :angry:
Have you tried cleaning the connectors? I would have just taken it back if it wasn't working properly darl..

Dinx :kiss:

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #16 on: 09 October 2008, 20:18 »
the way it used to work, you pay a surcharge (about 40 quid) and you get that back when you take them the mullered one.

this is exactly how we work too  :smiley:

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline richard s

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 09 October 2008, 20:55 »
i guy who use to recon my starters and alternaters when needed said that a lot of the new starters and alternaors are chinese and that the internals arent that good and tend not to be the same so when it comes to refurbing he cant do them as parts arent compatible and he says they tend not to be as good quality
also a recon starter/alternator is about £20-£30

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #18 on: 09 October 2008, 21:16 »
i guy who use to recon my starters and alternaters when needed said that a lot of the new starters and alternaors are chinese and that the internals arent that good and tend not to be the same so when it comes to refurbing he cant do them as parts arent compatible and he says they tend not to be as good quality
also a recon starter/alternator is about £20-£30

errrrm....

not where i work theyre not! exchange units are much more than that, maybe we're just expensive!  :undecided: These would be Sovereign or Quinten Hazell units though.

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline mattneck(Beavis)

• I live here
  • Bristol's Own (DJ) Beavis ;-)
« Reply #19 on: 09 October 2008, 23:46 »
we do bosch and lucas.. and they are defiantely not 20 to 30quid.. more 50-70 at least.. and we are cheaper than many in the area
Sig Removed. No Longer Applicable. New Sig? Nah. Not Yet..

Sharpo says: (16:57:39)
to be honest i dont doubt that half ggti users have a shortcut on their desktop for sharpie's last posts