Author Topic: New Speed Cameras on the M5  (Read 4055 times)

Offline Len

• 10k hero
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
Re: New Speed Cameras on the M5
« Reply #10 on: 05 January 2007, 13:36 »
Oh I exceed the speed limits when its safe to do so and I mean safe coz of volume of traffic etc. not speed trap less. Over the years I must have commited over a dozen speeding offences and the law of averages says I will probably get caught again!

My point was speed and the car you drive has no correlation!
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #11 on: 05 January 2007, 13:36 »
SPECS are stupid all you need to do is change lanes b4 you get to the second set and youll be fine hence they have a camera for each lane they cant track more than one lane of traffic not that ive tried this ofcourse.

Ah ha ! I never knew that, thanks. :wink: Not that I care too much at the moment as the M5s miles away. :laugh:
......now officially dubless.

Offline Martz

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #12 on: 05 January 2007, 13:38 »
Oh I exceed the speed limits when its safe to do so and I mean safe coz of volume of traffic etc. not speed trap less. Over the years I must have commited over a dozen speeding offences and the law of averages says I will probably get caught again!

My point was speed and the car you drive has no correlation!

Agreed.

Offline maximk2

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 05 January 2007, 13:43 »
used to cross the thelwall viaduct every day when they were decked in lovely little yellow boxes above and learnt how to get through them a bit quicker than most never exceeding the 40mph limit tho! Speeding is all to do with time spent in your car waiting to get to your destination being shortened. We spend an average of four years of our lives in our cars and Blair and Brown want us to spend 6 in them I say screw em and to hell with the consequences!
sun, sea, sand + mk2 8v gti = fun

Offline dubtastic

• Not said much yet
  • ''can't find it...grind it''
« Reply #14 on: 05 January 2007, 13:43 »
a 'friend' of mine thinks a mobile van unit caught him doin 45-50 in a 40 zone, was just wondering how long does it usually take them to process it n u get it through the door. It was in the humberside area on the 16th of december '06.

Offline Len

• 10k hero
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
« Reply #15 on: 05 January 2007, 13:46 »
I think its 28 days but have read anything from 7 -14 days on here before.
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

Offline Shrodinger's Cat

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 05 January 2007, 13:46 »
SPECS are stupid all you need to do is change lanes b4 you get to the second set and youll be fine hence they have a camera for each lane they cant track more than one lane of traffic not that ive tried this ofcourse.

Ah ha ! I never knew that, thanks. :wink: Not that I care too much at the moment as the M5s miles away. :laugh:

Be careful with this one.  Apparently, this is merely a small technical hitch.  Anyway, who's to say that it's not a double bluff, and the first and second set of cameras are set to record different lanes.

Also, you'll note that there are a few different sets of cameras, so you don't know which ones are switched on/off at any one time.

Solution - when you see SPECS drive within the speed limit.  There's no other foolproof way of avoiding a ticket.   :tongue:

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #17 on: 05 January 2007, 13:48 »
« Last Edit: 05 January 2007, 13:50 by gibby »
......now officially dubless.

Offline maximk2

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 05 January 2007, 13:51 »
lol! Im not sayin I drive round like im on crack all the time just that when its possible and safe why not save some precious time?
sun, sea, sand + mk2 8v gti = fun

Offline Martz

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #19 on: 05 January 2007, 13:51 »
Solution - when you see SPECS drive within the speed limit.  There's no other foolproof way of avoiding a ticket.   :tongue:
Unless we put duff plates on the car. **Not recommended**