Author Topic: Pick my next car.  (Read 5243 times)

VW BUSH

Re: Pick my next car.
« Reply #10 on: 11 February 2015, 22:00 »
Civic Type R
S3
S4
M3
ST

7k the world is your oyster

Offline Waspy

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 11 February 2015, 22:05 »
I know of an MX5 with one lady owner going for a song....... :grin:

:grin:  :grin:   :grin:

I too have heard about such a deal. Tis a shame I refuse to own the same car as my mum.

Good shout on the civic. Refuse to own an audi due to the number of people in my office driving a badge around. I appreciate that makes me as bad as them... But hay, we have a good list going here, who needs and S3?
It's a mk2. Fill it, drive it, enjoy it.  :smiley:

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 11 February 2015, 22:32 »
I'm in tears  :grin:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

VW BUSH

« Reply #13 on: 11 February 2015, 22:36 »

I too have heard about such a deal. Tis a shame I refuse to own the same car as my mum.

Good shout on the civic. Refuse to own an audi due to the number of people in my office driving a badge around. I appreciate that makes me as bad as them... But hay, we have a good list going here, who needs and S3?
I drive an A4 soot chucker wagon so have come to accept that I must be a cock, its a grim reality but you just have to move on (the price of a accepting a free car lol)
I have always fancied a nice BMW or Merc, a proper one with 6 or more cylinders.
My brother has a C350 and its is a really nice car, really quick when you want it to be.

I think you have got decide if you want saloon car comfort or hatch back fun as I assume 2 seaters are out due to kid duties?
My back certainly prefers the cock mobile over speed bumps over any of my golfs.

Offline Waspy

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 12 February 2015, 00:34 »
2 seaters are most certainly in! The 350z is top of the list atm. At 21 it wasnt long ago I was the star of the kid duties!

Fun with a pinch of reliability are my criteria. It has to look good though.

I have a blast in my 8v mk2, showing I don't need mad power to enjoy a car, but the golf is also light and pretty chuckable which helps. The only reason I am looking into a different car is really because the mk2 is breaking faster than I can fix it. It's not garaged and is doing a fair few miles for a 23 year old car, resulting in it spending a lot of time off the road, which leaves me without a car...

So yeah. Fun, don't care how many seats it has, or how many doors, and it can't break down once a fortnight.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 12 February 2015, 08:17 »

Are you sure it's not you coming to see it on Sunday?
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Waspy

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 12 February 2015, 08:29 »
 :whistle:

VW BUSH

« Reply #17 on: 12 February 2015, 21:06 »
Elise?

Offline Waspy

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 12 February 2015, 21:59 »
Elise?

I have checked insurance on an Elise roughly once a month every month since I passed my test.

Before turning 21: £10,000
Quote done 10 mins ago: £1,500!  :laugh:

It could make the list... Not sure it ticks the reliability box though  :sad:

VW BUSH

« Reply #19 on: 12 February 2015, 23:47 »
Elise?

I have checked insurance on an Elise roughly once a month every month since I passed my test.

Before turning 21: £10,000
Quote done 10 mins ago: £1,500!  :laugh:

It could make the list... Not sure it ticks the reliability box though  :sad:
They are epic but the rover engine is made of Edam, can get other power plants though