Author Topic: Sold car on ebay and buyer is claiming all sorts wrong with it!!!!  (Read 3419 times)

Offline Peej1981

• I live here
  • Its Whats Under The Hood That Counts........
Well i think it just shows what sort of trader he is? Every trader would normally properly go over any car before they pay for it as at the end of the day they are trying to sell the car on to make profit and so they wouldnt accept anything that they have to spend money on to sell on. He doesnt have a leg to stand on and even if he has your address there is nothing that he can do. This is the whole point of ebay, SOLD AS SEEN.

Id Rather Push A VW Then Drive A Ford. 

www.bombercountydubs.co.uk

Offline snifferdog

• I live here
+1 to what everyone else has said! Only an idiot buys a car off ebay and pays for it before even checking it over. There is nothing he can do apart from leaving neg feedback. What a dickhead.

Offline xkaty_h

• GTI forum regular
Psssh tell him to jog on. As everyone else has said sold as seen.

Offline Chowgar1

• Not said much yet
Thought 'sold as seen' has no legal standing whatsoever?

does ound like the guy is trying in on though...

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
Haven't read all this thread but heard someone once had a buyer waiting for a mint car so the guy bought one of ebay and TBH he thought he could just buy a mint one at auction and his luck had just run out proberly because the car was a lemon and money had to be spent. The wanna bee sale lad was a bit green behind the ears! :rolleyes:

Offline The Mighty Elvi

• I live here
  • I'm better than you today.

No.  It does.  You should always use this in contracts of sale for cars.

Yours.

Jonathan LLB (Hons)

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot

No.  It does.  You should always use this in contracts of sale for cars.

Yours.

Jonathan LLB (Hons)

Only in the private sales, the only way a garage / trader can sell a car sold as is seen is by selling it for scrap, I know as it seems mad but you still have comeback otherwise.

Offline The Mighty Elvi

• I live here
  • I'm better than you today.
Only in the private sales, the only way a garage / trader can sell a car sold as is seen is by selling it for scrap, I know as it seems mad but you still have comeback otherwise.

Correct.  A dealer cannot contract out of the Sale of Goods Act 1979. There is an implied warranty in the act that a dealer has good title to sell the goods, that the goods should be free from minor defects, be fit for the purpose intended, and has various other implied terms.

Under the Consumer Transactions (Restrictions on Statements) Order 1976 it's a criminal offence for a motor trader to use a statement such as 'sold as seen'.

Offline Ben Lessani

• I live here
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Can we at least have a link to the eBay ad?

Sounds like buyers remorse to me :lipsrsealed:

Offline danny_p

• Forum addict
if you buys a car in an auction you gets what you bid on, if he was a stupid enough not to check over a vintage car first thats his problem
all the VW's have gone bar 1.