Author Topic: advice on bluetooth  (Read 4934 times)

Offline GAL-GTD

• Not said much yet
Re: advice on bluetooth
« Reply #10 on: 06 October 2013, 20:19 »
I fitted this kit in my Golf http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-BLUETOOTH-KIT-SEAT-SKODA-MFD3-RNS-510-RNS-310-RCD-510-RNS-315-5K0-035-730-D-/271286708809?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f29f2aa49 It works with everything except my old Blackberry. No problems with my current Galaxy Ace 2.

My Passat has factory BT, so I don't know what module that has, but again, no issues with any phone...so far.
Sorry to hi-jack this thread but would you say this could be fitted by a novice? Was thinking of just paying someone to do it... Cheers.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 06 October 2013, 21:18 »
Easy peasy if you follow the how to guide in the Mk6 maintainance section. You will need some help with the coding if you don't have your own VCDS.

The reason behind using that kit is that it allows you to plug the mic wire into the loom to suit which ever radio you have.
« Last Edit: 06 October 2013, 21:20 by dubber36 »
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Ze german

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 06 October 2013, 21:37 »
I have Samsung s4 and now would like to know of a decent bluetooth that will definitely work with the car and oem buttons along with this phone ?

Offline GAL-GTD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 06 October 2013, 22:06 »
Easy peasy if you follow the how to guide in the Mk6 maintainance section. You will need some help with the coding if you don't have your own VCDS.

The reason behind using that kit is that it allows you to plug the mic wire into the loom to suit which ever radio you have.
Cheers for the reply. I'll have a wee look at that guide you mentioned. Possibly give it a go but reckon my fat fingers will break something lol. I know for definite it's not the rns-510. My screens similar but with three buttons on either side. I take it vw can sort the coding out? Cheers. Gal

Offline AaronMc

• Not said much yet
  • GTI Life..
« Reply #14 on: 06 October 2013, 22:38 »
Yours is the RCD 510 then.

VW should be able to code the genuine unit, if not find someone with Vag Com.
Golf GTI MK6 Manual - Tornado Red with Jacara Cloth, Monza Shadows, RNS510, Dynaudio System, Fiscon Bluetooth, Front & Rear Park Sensors, ACC, Cruise Control, Winter Pack & Xenon Lights.

Offline GAL-GTD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 06 October 2013, 23:00 »

Brilliant bud cheers. Was thinking about an rns-510 purely for the nav. Quick question if you don't mind. Would google maps on my iPhone work via the Bluetooth if that makes sense? I'll be purchasing the Bluetooth kit tomorrow and get it fitted to the car using the guide in the maintenance part. Cheers. Gal

Offline AaronMc

• Not said much yet
  • GTI Life..
« Reply #16 on: 07 October 2013, 12:41 »
How do you mean as in voice spoken through speakers?

Can't honestly say wether it would of not as not experienced it but would guess at no..

Golf GTI MK6 Manual - Tornado Red with Jacara Cloth, Monza Shadows, RNS510, Dynaudio System, Fiscon Bluetooth, Front & Rear Park Sensors, ACC, Cruise Control, Winter Pack & Xenon Lights.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 07 October 2013, 13:18 »

Brilliant bud cheers. Was thinking about an rns-510 purely for the nav. Quick question if you don't mind. Would google maps on my iPhone work via the Bluetooth if that makes sense? I'll be purchasing the Bluetooth kit tomorrow and get it fitted to the car using the guide in the maintenance part. Cheers. Gal

Not sure about Fiscon unit but with OEM Bluetooth, yes you can get google maps audio via Bluetooth (just tried it).  Press the BT audio soft button first.  If music starts to play then press pause button on the rcd510 and once you start google maps it should start the audio directions. Alternatively, use a free sat nav iphone app as voice directions come through via bluetooth fine.  Same process.

« Last Edit: 07 October 2013, 13:58 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline GAL-GTD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 07 October 2013, 17:27 »
That's great info, thank you for taking the time to try it. Looks like I'll be purchasing the oem Bluetooth kit off the bay. Cheers for the input Aaron mc and booth11. Cheers. Gal

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 07 October 2013, 22:54 »
That's great info, thank you for taking the time to try it. Looks like I'll be purchasing the oem Bluetooth kit off the bay. Cheers for the input Aaron mc and booth11. Cheers. Gal

Happy to help  :smiley:

On iPod/ipad the google maps voice is truly awful though - a sort of weird synthesised affair.  It's like a female doing an impression of Stephen Hawking.  Weirdly on the iphone it's a gent with a very british accent!
« Last Edit: 07 October 2013, 23:18 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11