Author Topic: What have you done to your Golf today?  (Read 596684 times)

Offline TJJONESVDUB

• Here all the time
  • Give me lip and il tattoo daihatsu to your head!
Re: What have you done to your Golf today?
« Reply #1450 on: 29 November 2009, 00:13 »
Taken all my alloys off, cleaned them right up, ready to fit my sexy but o so common (but i love them ) rs6 alloys tomorrow :)

Offline lenny84

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1451 on: 29 November 2009, 09:55 »
this could be interesting, my corrado came with a fresh mot and no advisories. i know quite a few things should have been advised on so its either gonna have a page of advisories or a dodgy mot  :laugh:

there should be a section on your MOT that says if any advises were issued. that was the only clue i got. if it was a fresh MOT i wouldn't rule out a friendly examiner for your last seller for a clean bill of health!  :wink:

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #1452 on: 29 November 2009, 10:45 »
well i looked it up and it had 2 tests in one day. failed the first and passed the 2nd, but the fail items blatantly werent done! well at least i have a number for a dodgy mot'er now  :laugh:

Offline hyland770

• I live here
  • Vw Golf 1.6 estimated to have around 500+ bhp
« Reply #1453 on: 29 November 2009, 15:22 »
took of my cone filter, put my airbox back on with a cold air feed going from the bumper into it, gained a few lot horses plus cold starts are much better!!!  :smiley:

Offline popleyruss

• I live here
« Reply #1454 on: 29 November 2009, 15:37 »
Fitted ne plugs and leads was a ba#@ard as haven't got the right tool for the leads to go on the plugs and its still not running right
Just plain dubbin

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #1455 on: 29 November 2009, 16:22 »
well fitted my newly painted aero wiper arms and blades,a newly painted front grille and a new jom rear shock all in the p!$$ing rain
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline Chris-White

• I live here
  • Manufactured in Germany. Ruined in Britain.
« Reply #1456 on: 29 November 2009, 17:33 »
got my new one home (on an AA lorry) and discovered my wiring loom has been modified by a stevie wonder / ape cross breed  :rolleyes:
S4 Avant. Eibach springs. 18" Avus. RS4 Intercoolers. Viper Tuned. Goes Fast.

Offline Mr_Orange

• I live here
  • MK4 GTi Turbo Exclusive 150 AUM
« Reply #1457 on: 29 November 2009, 20:21 »
I got home to find my brake lights don't work!  Good job I found out now and ordered a new pedal switch before someone ploughed into the back of me!

Fitted the new brake light switch over the weekend. 

Removing the trim panels is a fine art and some plonker before me had already damaged most of the screw fittings   :angry: 
Wasn't much fun working under there (a pain to see / get to) but got it fitted in the end.  Old black 4 pin switch replaced by massive green 4 pin switch that barely went in.  All good now!

Old one: 1J0945511B
New one: 1C0945511A
« Last Edit: 30 November 2009, 18:47 by Mr_Orange »

Build thread clicky

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #1458 on: 29 November 2009, 20:24 »
got my new one home (on an AA lorry) and discovered my wiring loom has been modified by a stevie wonder / ape cross breed  :rolleyes:

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1459 on: 30 November 2009, 11:28 »
yesterday troublestarter popped down to oxford to remedy some interesting wiring which was causing the leak into the cabin... this has now been sealed by the lovely chuff who looked after the cabby in my absence for a week - a big thank you to chuff for doing this  :kiss:

today I declared the car SORN for the winter... its such a shame as on the drive home last night it was superb!