Author Topic: Creaking / Cluncking noise  (Read 6652 times)

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
  • She's gone but never forgotten
Re: Creaking / Cluncking noise
« Reply #20 on: 11 June 2010, 17:50 »
Been to Stealers today for its 1st service £110 incl vat  :smiley:

Got them to look at the clunking on the doors and rear cupholder,

Striker plates adjusted and some sort of sealer to the rubbers, Problemo solved  :smiley:
Also rear cupholder replaced under warranty  :smiley: even thou a passenger had kicked it while it was in the out position when he was climbing in the back drunk  :grin:

Also didn't even try washing the car just told the girl on the desk no washy car comprendah  :grin:
Mk6 Gti Gone but not forgtten
Loving the 7R

Offline DJ Lennon

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 11 June 2010, 18:18 »
Car goes in for replacement door lock on drivers side on Wednesday.  Seriously annoying noise.  Takes the fun right out of driving it, giving lifts to people etc  Also the flap that hides the ashtray and fag lighter now won't catch all the time.  Could have been the heat I suppose but what a pathetic design if so.

Pretty terrible quality from VW and a car that cost £26k really.
3dr, Pearl Black, 18" Monzas, RCD 510, DSG, now delivered and rattling.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 11 June 2010, 18:48 »
I've read on another VW forum that the ashtray cover not closing is a common problem.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #23 on: 12 June 2010, 16:07 »
The stuff they prob used on the door rubbers was prob 00V 096 310A rubber maintance can.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline golfgti5

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #24 on: 13 June 2010, 17:53 »
Maybe this helps for creaking;

GTI Mk7 DSG Candy White, 19" Santiagos, Discover Media, xenon, Executive Package, ACC, PDC, Park Assist, Alarm+......

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #25 on: 13 June 2010, 20:03 »
Maybe this helps for creaking;

I think i can get the idea for pads 1 and 2 from the photos but im not sure were number 3 goes  :undecided:

Im guessing this is a VW bulletin of some sort? and its saying stick some sticky back foam in certain places?

Any chance you could explain what it meens abit for me please
Thank you
Geoff.
« Last Edit: 13 June 2010, 20:20 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
  • She's gone but never forgotten
« Reply #26 on: 13 June 2010, 22:16 »
You mean you can't read German Geoff  :grin:

Quick adjustment of the striker plates seamed to cure my clunking and the rubber treatment stopped the creaking  :smiley:
Mk6 Gti Gone but not forgtten
Loving the 7R

Offline Hartside

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 14 June 2010, 18:04 »
The fix says it's for a 2 door golf and interestingly says apart for wind noise, eventually waterdrops will be seen (on the B pillar). There are only 2 pads to fix as it says to take the big pad and cut it into 2 smaller ones. They are then stuck behind the trims as shown in picture 3.

Hope this helps

Carbon Grey 5dr GTI

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #28 on: 15 June 2010, 16:45 »
Thanks.
Geoff.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline DJ Lennon

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 17 June 2010, 07:43 »
Called VW yesterday, at 3pm because I hadn't heard anything.  Girl there said that they were having trouble working out what they needed to do on the car because the orders were confused.  I said it's the bloody door lock which you had to order in specially that needs replacing, she said, oh, ok.  I asked whether it would be fitted that day and she assured me it would.  2 mins later the phone goes and she is back on again saying that she was sorry but the car would not be ready that day and I could have a courtesy car (which turned out to be a banana coloured polo-just out of spite I reckon).

So I got to the garage after being packed on to a tram with loads of Green Day fans heading to the LCC in Trafford and when I got to the garage I went mental.  Well as mental as I get which is to say I ranted for about five minutes and made an official complaint.  This car, allegedly worth £26k and made by high precision german engineers/robots is rattling.  It's not a complex gearbox, suspension or engine problem.  Its not electrical in nature or linked with the ECU.  It's a rattle, pure and simple, and they have now had it in three seperate times over the last 3 months or so, replacing bits here and bits there, each time saying its sorted and even before I exit the forecourt the noise is still there.  Now they can't even muster up enough brains between them to work out how to change a door lock and why.  It is a complete embarassment to VW.

The Service Manager is meant to be calling me today so I can rant at him a bit more, usually I have better things to do with my life than get angry all the time but, on this occasion, I'm going to make an exception. :angry:
3dr, Pearl Black, 18" Monzas, RCD 510, DSG, now delivered and rattling.