Author Topic: Electric window comfort down and up dilemma  (Read 8366 times)

Offline WeekendMechanic

• Here all the time
  • Golf MK3 GTD
Electric window comfort down and up dilemma
« on: 08 May 2018, 13:58 »
I bought a complete electric window regulator and motor for my drivers side front, but its only got comfort down,I have to manually push button up to go up, I tried comparing it to my old one but its got the same part number.
Does anyone know how I can tell  the difference with between the both comfort down and up version to just the down version?
I don`t make the same mistake twice... :undecided: :embarrassed:

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
  • If it aint broke...I can fix it!
Re: Electric window comfort down and up dilemma
« Reply #1 on: 08 May 2018, 17:15 »
If I'm reading your post correctly, you have a Mk 3...correct? This is a very long shot, but have a look at the early Mk 4 setup and see if that might fit. The reason I'm suggesting this...my 1999 Mk 4 TDI works perfectly, both in the up and down modes. One flick for either direction and it all happens.

Good luck.
Mk4 Golf TDI Estate 4Motion, remapped 1.9. Sweet runner = keeper. She is the 66th vehicle I've owned and hopefully, the last.

Offline WeekendMechanic

• Here all the time
  • Golf MK3 GTD
« Reply #2 on: 08 May 2018, 20:19 »
I don`t think there is a mk4 electric window regulator that fits on a mk3 3 I did a search on ebay and they are shaped differently than the mk3`s

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
  • If it aint broke...I can fix it!
« Reply #3 on: 08 May 2018, 20:27 »
OK, just trying be be helpful.
Mk4 Golf TDI Estate 4Motion, remapped 1.9. Sweet runner = keeper. She is the 66th vehicle I've owned and hopefully, the last.

Offline WeekendMechanic

• Here all the time
  • Golf MK3 GTD
« Reply #4 on: 09 May 2018, 12:53 »
OK, just trying be be helpful.
OK thanks all the same...

Offline SimonG

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 12 May 2018, 07:36 »
Press the button to wind the wind up and once stopped keep it pressed for 3 to 5 seconds. Then wind down in the comfort mode and then try the comfort mode on the way up.

I believe there is an element of 'programming' the window module. Has worked for me previously.
  Mk3 Anniversary GTI 16V, Mk2 GTI

Offline WeekendMechanic

• Here all the time
  • Golf MK3 GTD
« Reply #6 on: 15 May 2018, 17:19 »
Thanks but Iv tried that already I don't know if its broken or what,someone told me it's not and that some don't have a comfort up mode...

Offline Pete le Deet

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 28 October 2019, 17:21 »
Quote from: Weekend Mechanic
Does anyone know how I can tell  the difference with between the both comfort down and up version to just the down version?

Hello,

If you're still after this, I've found that the number moulded onto the circuit board cover in raised digits is a guide. F'r instance, a passenger side motor I'm looking at on fleabay has the number '114522      05  0755  20'. That 20 at the end suggests to me that it does have the "1-touch closure" available (once initialised). -21 also would, but -22 wouldn't. The drivers' side (r/h in the u.k.) is similar but with -3# numbers instead. A lot of u.k. cars have -50 or -51, which doesn't. I did have a -40 from a convertible fitted for a while, but wasn't able to close the sunroof using the 'central closure' procedure.

If you've still got that defective winding gear which has 1 t/c, then as long as it wasn't the pcb at fault you could transplant the circuit board (or the entire motor if it's working) onto the replacement winding gear.
« Last Edit: 04 November 2019, 10:48 by Pete le Deet »

Offline WeekendMechanic

• Here all the time
  • Golf MK3 GTD
« Reply #8 on: 01 November 2019, 20:34 »
Quote from: Weekend Mechanic

Hello,

If you're still after this, I've found that the number moulded onto the circuit board cover in raised digits is a guide. F'r instance, a passenger side motor I'm looking at on fleabay has the number '114522      05  0755  20'. That 20 at the end suggests to me that it does have the "1-touch closure" available (once initialised). -21 also would, but -22 wouldn't. The drivers' side (r/h in the u.k.) is similar but with -3# numbers instead. A lot of u.k. cars have -51, which doesn't. I did have a -40 from a convertible fitted for a while, but wasn't able to close the sunroof using the 'central closure' procedure.

If you've still got that defective winding gear which has 1 t/c, then as long as it wasn't the pcb at fault you could transplant the circuit board onto the replacement winding gear.

I am actually in in of buying another this will come in handy thanks for this!