Author Topic: MK1 GX project - Up for sale  (Read 53640 times)

Offline shepgti

• I live here

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
Re: MK1 GX project - Up for sale
« Reply #151 on: 24 February 2011, 16:10 »
 :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

That's a shame  :sad: Good luck with the sale though! :afro:

Offline shepgti

• I live here
« Reply #152 on: 24 February 2011, 16:23 »
yeah pretty gutted i cant finish it

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #153 on: 24 February 2011, 16:29 »
Shaun won't be best pleased, you just wait till he gets here!!  :angry: :grin: :grin:

Offline shepgti

• I live here
« Reply #154 on: 24 February 2011, 16:52 »
Shaun won't be best pleased, you just wait till he gets here!!  :angry: :grin: :grin:

i know  :embarassed: although i will say that it will be replaced with a mk1 that doesnt need work :wink:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #155 on: 24 February 2011, 17:55 »

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! How could you!?...

What's the plan Stan?

I don't know if I can forgive you.....  :undecided:

The only way to make me feel better about this would be you giving me the red trim from your grille. Purely as a reminder of what could have been, and I need it.  :smiley:

« Last Edit: 24 February 2011, 18:01 by SoundillusioN »

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #156 on: 24 February 2011, 18:11 »
Well as the Black one is about done Shaun, buy that one and crack on, that way you will get the Red Grill  :grin: :laugh:

Offline shepgti

• I live here
« Reply #157 on: 24 February 2011, 18:34 »
Well as the Black one is about done Shaun, buy that one and crack on, that way you will get the Red Grill  :grin: :laugh:

haha yea shaun this is the plan..

i think the red is painted on anyway otherwise the grill would be yours :undecided:

the reason its going is because ive accepted that to continue i would need to fully strip it down and there is just no room to put anything because my bro has dumped loadsa stuff here because hes moving house, and theres a possible house move for us sometime this year too. Which means i can have a second car just not a project rot box  :laugh:. ive worked out i'll have just over a grand to spend on a car in around a month so can hunt for a more solid mk1 gti this time :evil:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #158 on: 25 February 2011, 09:50 »

:grin:

As mentioned before, my neighbours are understanding but the missus not so.  She can just about cope with the mk1 i've got even though she hates it, but 2... hmmm, nows not a great time but if I had a spare 300 notes i'd be tempted! Having that sort of money spare would also be useful for the black one so I could never do it.  Although she did say that once mine was properly finished she wouldn't mind me having a second project if it meant I could make some cash out of it... If it had come up a year ago I may have bought it but it would have got stripped to supply parts for mine.  :lipsrsealed:

haha yea shaun this is the plan..

i think the red is painted on anyway otherwise the grill would be yours :undecided:

the reason its going is because ive accepted that to continue i would need to fully strip it down and there is just no room to put anything because my bro has dumped loadsa stuff here because hes moving house, and theres a possible house move for us sometime this year too. Which means i can have a second car just not a project rot box  :laugh:. ive worked out i'll have just over a grand to spend on a car in around a month so can hunt for a more solid mk1 gti this time :evil:

Real shame but I really hope you get a another soon mate... need more active MK1ers on here.  Let me know when you're seriously looking and i'll gladly help you hunt one down.  :smiley:

Even though the red surround is painted, is it clip on trim thats been painted red or defo just the grille itself? i'm missing the trim, have painted mine but looks much thinner as there is no trim, just the clip line, looks pants.

Offline shepgti

• I live here
« Reply #159 on: 25 February 2011, 11:00 »
i'll have a look at the grill in a bit shaun