Author Topic: Polishing machine?  (Read 3414 times)

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
Polishing machine?
« on: 23 September 2008, 23:13 »
Well I like to keep the car clean, and go round with three different things by hand:

1. Paint cleaner

2. Polish

3. Liquid Wax

Now my question is, it gets frustrating and hard at times, also painful so I was thinking of getting a machine polisher or whatever it's called, what decent priced ones are out there, not stupid money because I'll most likely get my parents to get me one for Xmas lol!

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
Re: Polishing machine?
« Reply #1 on: 23 September 2008, 23:34 »
Well I like to keep the car clean, and go round with three different things by hand:

1. Paint cleaner

2. Polish

3. Liquid Wax

Now my question is, it gets frustrating and hard at times, also painful so I was thinking of getting a machine polisher or whatever it's called, what decent priced ones are out there, not stupid money because I'll most likely get my parents to get me one for Xmas lol!

first step on a slippery slope

what's your budget?

ps. have you considered that you might be able to make your money back by doing cars for friends and family?  :wink:

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #2 on: 24 September 2008, 00:03 »
Ahhh you see, the problem with that is they wouldn't want it doing because they call me sad for putting so much effort in to cleaning the car, they think a quick Sunday wash is sufficient enough.  :shocked:

I think my budget is about £100? LOL!

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #3 on: 24 September 2008, 02:05 »
cant you just get an angle grinder attachment? thats what im gunna do, angle grinders are like £20ish brand new.

i getting the whole whammy this weekend, all tools, parts, etc for a full service and clean!!!!

LL ;)

NewGolf

« Reply #4 on: 24 September 2008, 07:52 »
cant you just get an angle grinder attachment? thats what im gunna do, angle grinders are like £20ish brand new.

i getting the whole whammy this weekend, all tools, parts, etc for a full service and clean!!!!

LL ;)

Don't do it  :sad:

An angle grinders just that, a grinding device. A polishers what you need, don't let an angle grinder anywhere near your car to correct paintwork, it'll DEFINATELY end in tears  :cry:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #5 on: 24 September 2008, 20:22 »

LL ;)

Don't do it  :sad:

An angle grinders just that, a grinding device. A polishers what you need, don't let an angle grinder anywhere near your car to correct paintwork, it'll DEFINATELY end in tears  :cry:

cheers m8 for the heads up, just my m8 had an attachment for the one, does the job fine, polished up nice. Its like a buffer attachment, i wouldnt grind my car!??! lol!!!!

LL ;)

NewGolf

« Reply #6 on: 24 September 2008, 20:46 »
How does he control what speed it revs at, as rotary polishers work their polishes at around 900-3000 rpm ? All of the angle grinders I have seen just have an on/off switch and they rev at around 10,000 rpm with no speed control at all.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #7 on: 24 September 2008, 23:36 »
not sure then, it didnt seem that fast though. mayb it had a setting on it that could be changed. I will have a look at polishers and angle grinders when i go up to the shop this weekend. I will check 2moro with my m8 too.

LL ;)

Offline GolfDan

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 26 September 2008, 14:59 »
I could supply the Meguiars G220 Dual Action Polisher for £125 plus postage if interested. Only to site members!  :cool:
« Last Edit: 26 September 2008, 15:24 by GolfDan »

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #9 on: 26 September 2008, 15:38 »
I could supply the Meguiars G220 Dual Action Polisher for £125 plus postage if interested. Only to site members!  :cool:

hmm tempting..........