Author Topic: lowering mk6 2.0 TDI 140 DSG options please!?  (Read 21390 times)

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
Re: lowering mk6 2.0 TDI 140 DSG options please!?
« Reply #10 on: 25 February 2014, 15:24 »
I sell springs by all the big brands and was thinking of Eibach Pro kit £185 or an Apex kit £130 although both will lower by 25-30mm, the only way you will get 15mm is to buy a set of GT springs (Although as the GT chassis also gets different shocks I do wonder how much of the 15mm it will give you? I know with the passat fitting the springs only on std shocks give less than springs and sport shocks together)

(I have looked to see if any springs are available after market but no body lists them as yet!)
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline john_cook

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 26 February 2014, 22:39 »
I sell springs by all the big brands and was thinking of Eibach Pro kit £185 or an Apex kit £130 although both will lower by 25-30mm, the only way you will get 15mm is to buy a set of GT springs (Although as the GT chassis also gets different shocks I do wonder how much of the 15mm it will give you? I know with the passat fitting the springs only on std shocks give less than springs and sport shocks together)

(I have looked to see if any springs are available after market but no body lists them as yet!)

i've tracked down some OEM GTD springs and just bought them for a great price.

my car is a 2.0 TDI GT, so hoping the shocks are ok and it sits 15mm lower. if its only 10mm, its still an improvement

Offline zero

• Just got here
« Reply #12 on: 15 August 2015, 10:04 »
Sorry to dig up an old thread but can anyone confirm that the GTI and GTD coil springs are different?
I also want to drop the GT to GTD level but can only find GTI springs but a little concerned as the diesel lump is heavier at the front and would of thought they would have made different springs
Cheers

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #13 on: 15 August 2015, 14:48 »
Eibach make some 30mm lowering springs which should give you the desired height  :smiley:

Don't put GTI springs on; as you correctly said the engine weight is different  :smiley:

Offline zero

• Just got here
« Reply #14 on: 15 August 2015, 17:44 »
Eibach make some 30mm lowering springs which should give you the desired height  :smiley:

Don't put GTI springs on; as you correctly said the engine weight is different  :smiley:

Cheers do the Eibach go nicely with the shocks and is there any pics anywhere do you know?

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #15 on: 15 August 2015, 18:06 »

Cheers do the Eibach go nicely with the shocks and is there any pics anywhere do you know?

They are designed to work with the standard shocks :)

Maybe some kicking around on here  :undecided: