Author Topic: Seanl's Raddo KR problem child!  (Read 31727 times)

Offline DanChave

• I live here
Re: Seanl's Raddo KR
« Reply #10 on: 11 December 2011, 08:19 »
If you want any paintwork doing man, give me a shout :) So, what are your plans for the beast?

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 11 December 2011, 09:41 »
Just a couple of cosmetic bits this side of xmas mate. Will deffo be giving you a shout in the new year though. Gonna give it a good service when I get it home, then wash, clay, wax etc to see how it scrubs up Gonna get a bonnet bra, and some lamin-x, and take the rub strips off as you said but thats it for now mate. May get a debadged grille but not sure yet. :smiley:
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline DanChave

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 11 December 2011, 09:49 »
Sounds like a good plan :) maybe get some Mulberry Purple MK3 front seats and get the rear bench trimmed to match? Also, if you go for a debadged grill, keep the 16v badge to break it up a bit :)

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 11 December 2011, 09:55 »
Nah I'm not banging mk3 seats in there, Corrado seats are much much better imo. Only problem is I'll be looking at about the same price as I paid for the car for an avarage set of leather ones!  :rolleyes:
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #14 on: 11 December 2011, 13:19 »
Looks good mate. Good find. Look forward to updates

Offline DanChave

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 11 December 2011, 13:52 »
Fair play! I don't really know the difference in the front seats to be honest. I just presumed they would be mk2 seats! Leather for the win though :)

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 12 December 2011, 09:45 »
Love Raddo's  :cool:

This looks pretty clean, i'm sure you can make this look special!

When you picking it up? Today?

Great colour too!!

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 12 December 2011, 19:26 »
Well what a f**king day! :rolleyes: sneaked off early from work so I could go and get it, but had to pop home to swap insurance over and print off a cover note for tax. Anyway, got home and the laptop has had it. Wouldn't boot up, and that's both laptops in a few months now. Only my phone left for the time being! Only had an hour before tax was switched over from the pug, and needed to get it to the dockyard to declare sorn. Drove over to in-laws with printer as she doesn't have one, but had to spend ages on the phone to insurance, as the email had not come through. Finally came through and I had about half an hour to get car away. But then realised I didn't have the driver software for the printer! Tried downloading it, but computer kept f**king it off with the firewall. Seriously pissed off by now, and insurance cover had ran out. :angry: saved the insurance cert on a memory stick, and she took me into town to truprint to see if I could get it printed. They f**ked me off as they can't do PDFs.  :angry: ran around sh!tting it for ages, until I found the sole remaining Internet cafe in the UK! Managed to get onto my email and print it off before she ran me to the train station. Train was just pulling off as I reached the platform, so had to wait almost an hour for the next one.  :angry: thought I'd phone the seller, as his old dear was gonna pick me up from the station, and take me to get the tax as I forgot to get Mot cert from him on Saturday. Then realised I had left my phone at the in-laws when tryin to sort insurance. :angry: managed to get a taxi after bluffing my way to their address eventually. His old dear then took me to the post office, for us only to be turned away as the PO computers nationwide had gone down! :angry: went back to their house for a couple of hours, with her kindly phoning the PO enquiries every now and again, until they told us the local PO had finally come back online. Got there, and they had died again.  :angry: just about to storm out when they came back on! Quick as a flash got the tax, and went back to get the car. Driving home was a good end to a sh!t day though, I love that car, even though I think it needs a new stat as heater was cold, and the stupid f**king tinted windows mean I can see f**k all when reversing! No pics as it was pitch black by the time I got home, hopefully weather will be a little better tomorrow so I can give it some attention.  :smiley:

P.s, just read that back, and I swear not one bit of that is made up! It's been a proper sh!t day!  :laugh:

Offline DanChave

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 12 December 2011, 21:00 »
What a nightmare man! At least the car is all yours now though eh :)

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 12 December 2011, 21:37 »
I'm seriously itching to get started and fiddle mate! It's that new car thing too where I 'keep having to go out and get something, or look at something, or check it's locked, or summat else, just to look at it again! :laugh: I need to get it in the dry and under good lighting. Think I'm gonna have to go back in to the work lockup tomorrow afternoon just to do that!  :grin: one of the headlights keep blowin fuses too so will look at that to start with.  :smiley: