Author Topic: It's Official.......24th of September ; )  (Read 3801 times)

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
It's Official.......24th of September ; )
« on: 23 September 2020, 17:21 »
Golf GTI and GTE will open for order on Thursday 24 September, following in the successful launch of Golf 8 Life, Style and R-Line.

This hugely successful product line will be joined by Golf GTD, opening for order just one month later.

Golf GTI

The Golf GTI returns for its eighth generation with all its iconic features such as the Jacara cloth seats with red stitching, a sporty exterior with red accents in the front grille, and a 2.0-litre TSI engine producing 245PS which is available with both a manual and DSG gearbox.

This powerful setup means the Golf GTI accelerates from 0-62mph in 6.4 seconds for the manual and 6.2 seconds for the DSG.

Golf GTE

The latest generation of the Golf GTE builds on the success of the previous model, giving customers a sporty drive and style from a plug-in hybrid.

The GTE has a new power unit this time around, which has a combined power output of 245PS –  the same as the GTI. Not only does the new performance get the blood pumping, with acceleration from 0-62mph in 6.7 seconds, but the GTE benefits from an all-electric range of 32 miles under WLTP. Exterior and interior styling is similar to the GTI but with blue accents throughout.

Golf GTD

The best performance diesel is back in the form of the Golf GTD. It features an all-new 2.0-litre TDI engine, delivering 200PS and 400nm of torque – the same level of torque as the Golf 7.5 R. Technical details will be available when we open for order.

Specification and pricing
Our performance Golfs come with all the new and exciting technology already found in the standard Golf derivatives:

10” Discover navigation and 10” Digital Cockpit
Embedded sim for a completely connected We Connect experience
Lane assist
Touch sensitive and heated steering wheel
3-Zone Climatronic
The GTE, GTD and GTI also come with the following as standard:

Matrix IQ.Lights
Front fog lights in a unique, five honeycomb design
18” alloy wheels (17” for GTE)
Tinted rear windows
Keyless entry

Golf 8 GTE 1.4 TSI 245PS PHEV 6-speed DSG five door

36 g/km

£35,960

Golf 8 GTI 2.0 TSI 245PS 6-speed Manual five door

169 g/km

£33,460

Golf 8 GTI 2.0 TSI 245PS 7-speed DSG give door

168 g/km

£34,960

Market introduction cars

Every Retailer has already been allocated a Golf GTE. These cars are now arriving into the UK, and each Retailer will be allocated a GTI by Friday 2 October and a GTD soon after.

We are working hard to make sure these cars can be registered and we see this being possible in the week commencing Monday 5 October.
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline AndyGTI

• GTI forum regular
Re: It's Official.......24th of September ; )
« Reply #1 on: 23 September 2020, 17:46 »
Hi Evo

Thanks for your post. I was going to post a question to you earlier in the day (honest) and say, it seems to be a car manufacturer routine (or at least VAG) that cars go on sale on a Thursday. Is that the general rule with a view to catching the busier weekend customer traffic?

Thanks for posting the details, could you confirm that those prices are the On the Road price for each car (so already include delivery and first year VED).

The Golf DSG GTI seems a lot at £34,960 otr as the old one was £33,510 but I note it now has Matrix IQ lights (option of £1600ish) as well as 3zone climate, so I can see where the increase has come from.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: 23 September 2020, 17:49 by AndyGTI »
2022 Polo GTI, Reef Blue
2022 Audi RS3 Tango Red
2016 Golf R 3dr Manual, Lapiz Blue
2013 Polo BlueGT 3dr, Blue Silk
2007 Polo GTI 3dr, Diamond Black

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 23 September 2020, 18:20 »
Will withhold judgement until i've seen the full specs, but at face value that is roughly £1k more expensive than I was expecting.

I wouldn't expect much in the way of deposit contributions or discount (early on anyway).

If it ends up being too rich I'll either wait for the new Octavia vRS or buy an extended warranty and keep the 7.5 a bit longer.
7.5 GTD

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #3 on: 23 September 2020, 18:56 »
When is the UK configurator live so we can see all of the options?
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 23 September 2020, 19:43 »
I know I’m tight but that seems pricey to me. So that’d put the Cup version near £40k and the R well over. Bonkers imo.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #5 on: 23 September 2020, 20:11 »
When is the UK configurator live so we can see all of the options?

Should be on Configurator tomorrow and able to quote on finance from the 2nd of October.
Sales Manager

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #6 on: 23 September 2020, 20:13 »
Hi Evo

Thanks for your post. I was going to post a question to you earlier in the day (honest) and say, it seems to be a car manufacturer routine (or at least VAG) that cars go on sale on a Thursday. Is that the general rule with a view to catching the busier weekend customer traffic?

No idea but probably makes some sense......

Thanks for posting the details, could you confirm that those prices are the On the Road price for each car (so already include delivery and first year VED).

Yes those are OTR prices

The Golf DSG GTI seems a lot at £34,960 otr as the old one was £33,510 but I note it now has Matrix IQ lights (option of £1600ish) as well as 3zone climate, so I can see where the increase has come from.

Thanks in advance.

Sales Manager

Offline mike roberts

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 23 September 2020, 20:27 »
What was the price of a TCR over a 245PP? Should give a rough indication of the Cup??

'18 245PP DSG

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 23 September 2020, 20:31 »
I know I’m tight but that seems pricey to me. So that’d put the Cup version near £40k and the R well over. Bonkers imo.

It does seem quite pricey to me tbh. I'd deselect the matrix lighting if I'd get the cash back lol. That would pay for the new dcc and probably hud, possibly a colour too.

The proof of the pudding for me will be the residuals. Strong residuals will make it cheap monthlies. Tcr level residuals will make me choose something else.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 23 September 2020, 20:33 »
What was the price of a TCR over a 245PP? Should give a rough indication of the Cup??

Depends if it was before or after they "bundled" akra the exhaust...