Author Topic: Mk 8 Golf  (Read 170348 times)

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
Re: Mk 8 Golf
« Reply #980 on: 13 August 2020, 12:11 »
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #981 on: 14 August 2020, 08:38 »
The Plastics around the gear stick area reminded me of the same feel and quality of the one's in my polo gti.. pretty much exactly the same
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #982 on: 21 August 2020, 20:52 »
Carwow comparison of Golf vs A3 vs A Class vs 1 Series

https://youtu.be/onWhNfZsJB4

Interestingly A3 interior quality apparently no better than the Golf  :undecided:
7.5 GTD

Offline Splashalot

• Here all the time
« Reply #983 on: 22 August 2020, 05:47 »

Interestingly A3 interior quality apparently no better than the Golf  :undecided:

The main thing I got from that is how utterly, horrifyingly hideous the BMW's styling is!  The Mk8 Golf looks comparatively svelt and stylish parked besides that thing.
1972 Turquoise Superbug S; 1978 Miami Blue Golf GLS; 2007 Mk5 Tornado Red Golf GTI; 2017 Golf 7.5 Trendline Tungsten Silver 1.4ltr 110TSi with DAP; 2018 Tornado Red GTI with DAP.  All MT.  Current: 2021 Mini Cooper SE, British racing green.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #984 on: 22 August 2020, 09:02 »

The main thing I got from that is how utterly, horrifyingly hideous the BMW's styling is!  The Mk8 Golf looks comparatively svelt and stylish parked besides that thing.

Baffles me people saying the Golf is ugly while lauding the 1 series. As Mat says, the Beemer looks great at the rear, but the front and side views are 💩
7.5 GTD

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #985 on: 22 August 2020, 09:15 »
Baffles me people saying the Golf is ugly while lauding the 1 series. As Mat says, the Beemer looks great at the rear, but the front and side views are 💩

You fail to understand comparisons of the latest generation of cars. The rules are different now.

How many of the viewing angles look good?

With the BMW you said its the rear, the Mk8 is none.

BMW wins  :laugh:
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Crezzer

• Not said much yet
« Reply #986 on: 22 August 2020, 09:39 »

Compared to the new golf- where the back, front, side and interior look double sh!t!

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #987 on: 22 August 2020, 12:13 »

You fail to understand comparisons of the latest generation of cars. The rules are different now.

How many of the viewing angles look good?

With the BMW you said its the rear, the Mk8 is none.

BMW wins  :laugh:

I'd take a Mk8 GTi over the 1 Series from any angle, except maybe the rear. I realise my preferences may go against the grain of popular opinion on here, but to me the front end of the 1 Series looks like a cartoon rabbit and the side profile is a bit banana-esque. So for me the Golf wins  :whistle:
7.5 GTD

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #988 on: 22 August 2020, 12:15 »

Compared to the new golf- where the back, front, side and interior look double sh!t!

I don't like the BMW, I prefer the Mk8 Golf. It's just an opinion, please don't be offended  :smiley:
7.5 GTD