Author Topic: fitting saab injectors to mk4  (Read 17424 times)

Offline CyRuS

• Not said much yet
Re: fitting saab injectors to mk4
« Reply #20 on: 24 January 2012, 15:06 »
Stock is 2.44" inner diameter good for 240cc

Vr6 maf is 2.75" inner diameter good for 310cc yellows

3" inner diameter  good for 360cc

3.25" inner diameter good for 440cc

RTechUK thank you very much, now I have a revo stage 2 and I wanted to change the injectors to have more margin in the repro, if I put the yellow saab injectors and map vr6 I will not have to change anything in the ecu? It's because I live here in Madrid and few people know the AGU, so I did not want to have to change the ecu.

Here give me more info: http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=217615.0

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • R-TECH OFFICE 01455 617233
« Reply #21 on: 24 January 2012, 22:00 »
Nick you got some part numbers for the various maf's you mentioned above, also I do have a second query.

I want the double blip on my AGU for pops, bangs and flames, I'm in kent and I've had stage 1 done by you guys, what would be the easiest way to achieve this?

Also is there an easy way to increase limiter a tad, I read I can only lower the rev limter via vag com but not increase it which makes no sense.

Are you still reading up on AGU maps?  RPM limiter via VCDS is only an Eeprom adaption channel not the limiter.
28 x 1x1 8bit limiters @ 170 x 40 = 6800rpm You wont find it in many A2L or Damos files.  Are you still reading up on AGU maps? 

Chris failed due to a big end bearing, he had bad coil packs and washed the oil out with petrol and cause the oil to thin and failed, I have many of stock engine AUM AGU AUQ running 7500rpm on request, some running 8000rpm without issues.

R-Tech Customer Feedback / Reviews
http://r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-feedback.php
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T-1.9TDi -2.0TFSI  Tuners

01455 617233
http://sticky-vnt.co.uk Midlands

Offline Chris.

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 24 January 2012, 22:45 »
oops

Click For Build Thread

248bhp  278lbft R - Tech Powered 1.8T!!  - Gone but NOT forgotton

Offline Chris.

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 24 January 2012, 22:48 »
Was definately not down to the limiter, like I first thought.

As nick said, the oil was very runny and I ahd issues with AGU coilpacks over 240bhp, this took near enough all day to fix and occasionally we did have a slight misfire with 4 brand new ones from VW. Probably didnt help that I put my bottom end caps on back to front either...but live and learn, still trying to source either another crank and rods or a 1.8T lump to put back in.  

Nick you got some part numbers for the various maf's you mentioned above, also I do have a second query.

I want the double blip on my AGU for pops, bangs and flames, I'm in kent and I've had stage 1 done by you guys, what would be the easiest way to achieve this?

Also is there an easy way to increase limiter a tad, I read I can only lower the rev limter via vag com but not increase it which makes no sense.

You should be able to get some decent pops/flames anyhow, once you know how to get them.  I usually find 2nd gear at 30mph, after a second or 2 full throttle and a second overrun and a tap of accelerator gets some rather huge flames.

Are you still reading up on AGU maps?  RPM limiter via VCDS is only an Eeprom adaption channel not the limiter.
28 x 1x1 8bit limiters @ 170 x 40 = 6800rpm You wont find it in many A2L or Damos files.  Are you still reading up on AGU maps?  

Will have a look for that in my files I have here [:D]  keep me occupied for a good while, same as how the RPM scales are worked out....bloody confusing sites with poor information!

Click For Build Thread

Offline Chris.

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 24 January 2012, 23:06 »
o isee!!!! cheers for that :)

chris... honestly seems like something id do! aha well like you say live and learn

:grin:
i remember trying to put the steering rackcclamp on for 3 hours.... the wrong way round

I had pictures everything.  So I can only think of the engine was the wrong way round (or I was stood at wrong side) when i put them on.  Should have marked them up!  Dont think I could have helped the oil though.  I remember checking which way the pistons went aswell LOL.

I want to find a crank and get her built back up with a set of rods in ready for more power.  If not, Ill get a stock block, or buy this one off my mate.

Definately looking into water meth and a inlet cam later on in the year though.

Big plans for 2012 with this!

Click For Build Thread

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #25 on: 25 January 2012, 11:47 »
Still reading, just not as much. Would be easier if I could access the eeprom via OBD. I use to have a multi ic reader at my old work place, wish I took it when I left. I can't even find my card reader that I use to use on satellite cards etc since I've moved.

I really need to pop down to you guys in the new tax year to learn a thing or two as there's so many maps and locations and I still not decided on which software to fully play around with.

Also what was the highest rpm you achieved safely as 8000 sounds good for 1st and 2nd gear around the bends.

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Offline marcos

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 25 January 2012, 12:53 »
i think 8000rpm maybe abit much on standard head, read a few horror stories of valve heads snapping and springs not being able to lift them fast enough causing piston impact at around 7500rpm, im looking at getting a high limiter on my big turbo but with fully built head

Offline Chris.

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 25 January 2012, 16:43 »
Still reading, just not as much. Would be easier if I could access the eeprom via OBD. I use to have a multi ic reader at my old work place, wish I took it when I left. I can't even find my card reader that I use to use on satellite cards etc since I've moved.

I really need to pop down to you guys in the new tax year to learn a thing or two as there's so many maps and locations and I still not decided on which software to fully play around with.

Also what was the highest rpm you achieved safely as 8000 sounds good for 1st and 2nd gear around the bends.

You managed to find much too?  Im doing a bit reading aswell

Click For Build Thread

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #28 on: 25 January 2012, 18:30 »
so bigger injectors always means bigger MAF?
AGU / cable 1.8T / motronic 5 ecu / m3.8.* ecu

The AGU uses a narrow band ecu which every thing in the mapping ie primary fuel, timing and load is ALL based around the reading from the maf.  The injection on-time is made up from maf reading, rpm and engine load.  If you fit bigger injectors then the engine will run too rich and the ecu can only trim a small amount of the extra fuel by using the narrow band 02 readings.
 If you change the MAF housing % size to the same % increase as the injectors then the ratio for injection ms and air drawn will be about spot on or within an ideal range for the ecu to trim by around 5-10%, then when is comes to mapping all we have to do is rescale the load axis on the ignition maps and fine tune the injection ms map, which can take a round a whole day to dial in from scratch. There is a way of just adding bigger injectors to the ecu but this mean changing the main global konstant ratio map, but doing this off sets all the map load axis and can take days of logging to rescale and get correct and will cost £100s.

AUM ARZ AUM ME7.5 ecu

These ecus allow just for the injectors to be fitted and just one map to be changed. The map KRKTE which means constant factor (K) for air flow (RK) to injection time (TE) just by changing this one map in the correct ratio to the injector size will allow the fuel to be near enough 100% bang on,  The only other time the KRKTE map should be changed is when running a 4bar fuel reg, I would say 99.9% of all tuner who are mapping car with 4bar fuel regs are not doing changing this map which lead to high fuel trims and loss of power due to too much fuel lower down in the rpm range.... :wink:

So dont just go and fit a 4bar reg... it wont work right unless its been added in the mapping (check with your tuner that the KRKTE is set for a 4 bar reg. 
 A lot of the Seat 1.8t boys are just wacking 4bars reg on there car and making less power.. :smug:.  Going for 600cc+ injectors then a few more map need to be chnaged to get it bang on.

In theory.. a cheat just by adding 30% bigger injectors and MAF will give 30% more load request which could work out to be around to 30+bhp with just stock mapping.  It wont kick like a remap and the N75% mapping wont change enough and the load map in the ecu is still on a linear scale.

I hope this helps.. :laugh:  sorry to bore you all :nerd:

:shocked:

Offline CyRuS

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 29 January 2012, 00:17 »
hi the reference of yellow saab injectors is 0280150711?