Author Topic: Isofix in mk4?  (Read 19490 times)

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
Isofix in mk4?
« on: 09 February 2010, 21:34 »
I got a baby on the way and I'm loving the recaro baby seats. Was wondering if the mk4 (agu with recaro's) has the correct points for the isofix thing, also what do the fixing look like?

Also anyone happen to know if a KA mk1 has the fixings too?

EDIT: I found this list, I'm guessing it lists compatible cars for isofix?

http://www.google.co.uk/url?q=http://www.recaro.com/fileadmin/pdf/download/childsafety/Isofix-Liste.pdf&ei=aNhxS6rbLpXNjAfwlNW4Cw&sa=X&oi=nshc&resnum=1&ct=result&cd=2&ved=0CBcQzgQoAQ&usg=AFQjCNEpMrB-y8zTepImocBJrQ8Ycf35aA
« Last Edit: 09 February 2010, 21:55 by golf-sib »

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Offline Dub-77

• I live here
  • Dub again MK1 Golf Project
Re: Isofix in mk4?
« Reply #1 on: 09 February 2010, 21:37 »
I got a baby on the way and I'm loving the recaro baby seats. Was wondering if the mk4 (agu with recaro's) has the correct points for the isofix thing, also what does the fixing look like?

Also anyone happen to know if a KA mk1 has the fixings too?
Hi mate im 99% sure they are in there and they are basically a loop of metal , if you pull your base part of ya seats up you should see a loop of metal at the back almost in the boot if ya get what i mean.  :undecided:
Show me a man with a tattoo and i'll show you a man with an interesting past :wink:

Offline Grand Master Patch

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 09 February 2010, 21:39 »
Personally i'd do a little research as to what would be the best for your baby,both comfort and protection   if god forbid you had a crash with the baby on board.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #3 on: 09 February 2010, 21:41 »
Personally i'd do a little research as to what would be the best for your baby,both comfort and protection   if god forbid you had a crash with the baby on board.

+1

certain seats will only fit certain cars properly

My missus works for local Trading Standards and they hold open days throughout the year on how to choose and fit your car seat properly

You'll be amazed at how many people have the WRONG seat fitted to their car  :shocked: :shocked:

Also if you have two cars DO NOT assume that if it fits in one car, it will fit straight into the other........

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #4 on: 09 February 2010, 21:42 »
I've got a Recaro baby seat in mine, so easy to get in and out and looks the part too  :wink:

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #5 on: 09 February 2010, 21:51 »
I've got a Recaro baby seat in mine, so easy to get in and out and looks the part too  :wink:
i wanted a recaro baby seat for my grandson as well but gf wouldn't let me so got a decent one specific to fit my golf fits well and matches the interior  :smiley:
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline tg1

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 09 February 2010, 22:23 »
i'm ordering/collecting my recaro maclaren combo tomorrow, getting it with an isofix base which is circa 70-80 quid. and then the seat just clips in no messing about with the seatbelt.

i'll see what i can do about some pics if its still light after work when i get home.

shame they don't do it in mk4 colours, having to get it in brown/light blue. and then work on getting it retrimmed so the brown is black

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #7 on: 09 February 2010, 23:44 »
i'm ordering/collecting my recaro maclaren combo tomorrow, getting it with an isofix base which is circa 70-80 quid. and then the seat just clips in no messing about with the seatbelt.

i'll see what i can do about some pics if its still light after work when i get home.

shame they don't do it in mk4 colours, having to get it in brown/light blue. and then work on getting it retrimmed so the brown is black

Thanks, that would be great if you can get some pictures, as the one I got is in black and grey, very similar to my interior without the cross patched (checkered) pattern.

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #8 on: 10 February 2010, 08:19 »
i wanted a recaro baby seat for my grandson as well but gf wouldn't let me so got a decent one specific to fit my golf fits well and matches the interior  :smiley:

wow - you're ancient!  :shocked: :shocked:

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #9 on: 10 February 2010, 09:33 »
I was thinking the same but didn't want to say anything :laugh:

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175