Author Topic: Rear axle bushes  (Read 14966 times)

Offline GOLF20VTURBO

• Not said much yet
Rear axle bushes
« on: 07 February 2010, 09:26 »
Hi everyone I'm new to the site, I need to find out how much the rear axle bushes cost to replace ideally genuine vw ones. Golf Mk4 1.8 20v turbo if it makes a difference.

I was cleaning the throttle body and replacing the fuel filter yesterday and noticed the bushes were hanging out on both sides so not a good day  :sad:  but managed to complete the other two jobs..

Thanks in advance ...

Offline meano73

• Not said much yet
Re: Rear axle bushes
« Reply #1 on: 07 February 2010, 10:37 »
Hi everyone I'm new to the site, I need to find out how much the rear axle bushes cost to replace ideally genuine vw ones. Golf Mk4 1.8 20v turbo if it makes a difference.

I was cleaning the throttle body and replacing the fuel filter yesterday and noticed the bushes were hanging out on both sides so not a good day  :sad:  but managed to complete the other two jobs..

Thanks in advance ...
You should be able to get a pair for around 30quid.Pain in the arse job to do so ide advise you get a local garage to fit them.Hope this helps you .1 to 2 hours to fit them should be about right.

Offline GOLF20VTURBO

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 07 February 2010, 10:42 »
Cheers mate is £30 for genuine bushes thought they would be more than that.
Any ideas how much a garage would charge?

Offline meano73

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 07 February 2010, 10:50 »
Cheers mate is £30 for genuine bushes thought they would be more than that.
Any ideas how much a garage would charge?
from what i can remember they were about 15 pound each from my local vw dealer but i ended up buying a pair ov powerflex bushes.as for fitting most garages charge by the hour .cost me i think 50 pound plus vat.can be a bit of a pig to do though.get a garage you can trust to do the job.

Offline GOLF20VTURBO

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 07 February 2010, 11:00 »
Thanks mate I will have to make a few calls on Monday. From what I have been reading a lot of people have been charged silly money to replace these two bushes...

I will update when I get the good/bad news on the cost..........

Offline golfgar

• Here all the time
  • Audi A6 estate/subaru wagon
« Reply #5 on: 07 February 2010, 12:26 »
somebody might correct me on this? i think alot of people use the skoda bushes out of the vrs,meant to be better

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #6 on: 07 February 2010, 12:28 »
I know people use the Cupra bushes, but they cost a lot!

Offline GOLF20VTURBO

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 07 February 2010, 13:05 »
Yeah I have read about using Leon cupra r one and the skoda vrs but they cost to much, I think the standard ones will be fine as they have lasted nearly 10 years so shouldn't need changing again fingers crossed.

Its the fitting cost thats the worry been quoted £60 a side from a local mechanic if I supply the parts but wont be able to fit it in for 2 weeks ....

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
« Reply #8 on: 07 February 2010, 13:21 »
Fabia vRS bushes come to £30 :wink: £120 labour seems good I got quoted over £400 by VW :lipsrsealed:
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline GOLF20VTURBO

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 07 February 2010, 13:28 »
Where do you just the vRS bushes for £30.00?

Yeah I thought it was a good price just hope it holds out till then dont do a lot of miles so hopefully be fine.