Author Topic: Complete lack of interest in Stock Hatch Championship  (Read 14537 times)

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
Re: Complete lack of interest in Stock Hatch Championship
« Reply #10 on: 27 May 2005, 13:12 »
Hang on, you were the one that decided to brand each member as a "trick paint job" boys. All because you posted in a section that isn't well populated, which obviously means that a lot of the people on this site do not use the area.

So from that you decide to throw a hissy, about how we are not enthusiasts.... you basis of fact being???  :undecided:

Correct me if i am wrong but the whole "GTI" scene is more than just racing, as i am sure you are aware due to posting on CGTI as keiths dad. I have been in this scene for over 9 years, does that make me any less of a enthusiast than you just because you race the cars? where as i repair and maintain them?

I think you need to realise that just because someone does not regard what you do in such high respect does not change the fact that they love the car they own just as much.

Offline S11EPS

• I live here
  • No golfs here. Only a C63 mercedes
« Reply #11 on: 27 May 2005, 13:18 »
Can I just say, your original post was not just an observation, it was full of poor and (clearly) obvious offensive sweeping statements, hence the reaction you have received.

You started your post "Before I delete my account..." which clearly shows you had thrown your teddy out of the pram before you even started the thread.

Yes it was posted in the motorsport section, and there is a motorsport section for people that want to use it. It is not obligatory for all members to read, and posting here will not guarantee you feedback/help/attendance, just like it won't anywhere else on the forum.

Many people post threads that get no interest mate, its the way these things go. But you shouldn't expect to be able to make a comment about everyone being boys racers, just because we don't want to come and watch you without receiving the appropriate backlash

The greatest leveller of them all - the Carousel

Fred Flintstone

« Reply #12 on: 27 May 2005, 13:23 »
Hang on, you were the one that decided to brand each member as a "trick paint job" boys. All because you posted in a section that isn't well populated, which obviously means that a lot of the people on this site do not use the area.

So from that you decide to throw a hissy, about how we are not enthusiasts.... you basis of fact being???  :undecided:

Correct me if i am wrong but the whole "GTI" scene is more than just racing, as i am sure you are aware due to posting on CGTI as keiths dad. I have been in this scene for over 9 years, does that make me any less of a enthusiast than you just because you race the cars? where as i repair and maintain them?

I think you need to realise that just because someone does not regard what you do in such high respect does not change the fact that they love the car they own just as much.

I think you need to calm down a bit.  Take deep breaths and exhale slowly.
1/ I posted my comments on the motor racing section.  That way I am assuming people interested in motor racing look at this bit.
2/ I did not suggest anyone else actually do it, only that they may wish to support it because we are the only VW Golf in the series.
3/ My original comment was not aimed at you personally but a general observation.
4/ Get over it,  I have, because of the interest your insistence on starting an argument has caused.

Offline GTI EDITION (aka LTD)

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 27 May 2005, 13:25 »
I think it maybe a good idea for everyone to calm down and even possibly 'IF' you can manage it apologize to anyone that any of you have offended
then we can start again fresh    DON'T YA FINK!
 "CALM DOWN DEAR IT'S ONLY A FORUM WITH SOME HOT HEADS IN IT " :grin: :grin: :grin:
« Last Edit: 27 May 2005, 13:34 by VENTO GTI EDITION »

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=topn&cat=19378

Does my arse look TOO BIG (to fit) in this (forum).... or was it something I said ?

mrwotto

« Reply #14 on: 27 May 2005, 13:27 »
Your original thread was also posted just 3 days ago, its not as if it has been weeks since you posted!

Offline S11EPS

• I live here
  • No golfs here. Only a C63 mercedes
« Reply #15 on: 27 May 2005, 13:30 »
No one is trying to cause an argument, least of all me. I'm merely trying to point out that regardless of where you post a thread, it is not guaranteed to get a respone.

Therefore posting a thread labelling everyone as non-enthusiasts or boy racers just because you didn't have hundreds of people offering you support was inflammatory - surely you can see that?

As slick says, the term "Enthusiast" covers a broad spectrum of people and interests. An avid interest in motorsport is not obligatory to enjoying and being enthusiastic about one's car, so its natural people reacted the way they did to your post.

The greatest leveller of them all - the Carousel

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #16 on: 27 May 2005, 13:32 »
I'm not starting anything, i actually want to find out about your basis of fact for calling us all "boy racer" esq enthusiasts.

I think you need to re-read all of my posts concerning this topic, i haven't once felt the need to put you down or call you a name, i am however "trying" to have a discussion about your sweeping generalisation.

Your sarcastic funny man comments of "take a deep breath ........ " are a bit pointless as i am offering you questions to answer and all you can do is take a swipe at me.

Yes, you posted in the motorsport section, the fact of which it is not very well populated escaped you before you thought it would be a good idea to make comments which branded the entire forum community.

Agreed you did not suggest anyone else did it, but then because you had no replies from the original post you started on the "trick paint jobs" line. Was there really any need for that comment? I think you will find the answer is no.

Either way the questions still stand. If you would be kind enough to answer them and provide a factual basis for them then i am sure we can get all of this sorted.

Offline *Dubby*

• Here all the time
« Reply #17 on: 27 May 2005, 13:33 »
to say we're all
all just boy racers with trick paint jobs
is quite a sweeping, and tbh, offensive statement. If anything, this is probably an image that none of us want to be seen as  :undecided:.

By all means, post about stuff on the forum, but don't get out of your eggshell about no one being interested. FFS.

:rolleyes:
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Offline Dis00

• GTI forum regular
  • MAN i JUST LOVE THE ICE CREAM
« Reply #18 on: 27 May 2005, 13:37 »
i aint came across any flash paint job boy racers on here

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #19 on: 27 May 2005, 14:10 »
guys its not worth arguing like this, either go and watch or dont. to be honest noone f**king cares if you do or not anyway