Author Topic: Twin Headlights Mk3  (Read 3466 times)

Offline Len

• 10k hero
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
Twin Headlights Mk3
« on: 12 May 2004, 12:25 »
Has anyone done this conversion?

On my to do list and wondered how easy it actually is and if its worth painting the surround body colour?
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

old_boy

Re:Twin Headlights Mk3
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2004, 14:17 »
All depends on what colour your car is really and what you like, if you have a dark coloured car, you can normally get away with leaving them in the smoked black finish, eg, Black gti's (black)-funny that-car and my Mystic blue car, see the gallery.
I have seen both painted and unpainted on a white car, both look great, but if it was my call, i would leave them unpainted every time, as it breaks up the expanse of colour-whatever floats your boat really. 8)
Its a piece of cake to do, 30 mins tops, get the Hella kit!

Offline lairy_1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 13 May 2004, 06:49 »
My mate has some for sale. PM me if you're interested? They are the Hella version.

1983 Mk1 G60
1990 Passat VR6

Offline Len

• 10k hero
« Reply #3 on: 13 May 2004, 10:04 »
Cheers guys

My car is the same colour if thats the correct name.
I was told it was Pearl Blue coz it changes colour slightly to a purple.  ???

Where abouts in the country is the mate with some for sale? I am in Swindon. Dont really want to travel far when i can get em at a reasonable price new and delivered.

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

Offline wolfrace

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 13 May 2004, 10:50 »
I had the Hella smoked twin headlamp set on mine for a while and they are very straight forward to put on - bout 30 mins??

Had the Mk4 style ones on mine too. Again very easy to fit. Personally I prefer the MK4 style headlamps out the two. They really do look good! Highly recommend. But thats my own personal taste.

Bought the Hella twin headlamps from VW and they cost an arm and a leg. Got the In Pro mk4 style headlamps from ebay for only ?100.00 inc p+P and they were excellent!! Just make sure they are right hand drive and not left hand drive. I think the latter is illegal and will fail an MOT!

Good Luck mate! ;)
« Last Edit: 13 May 2004, 10:52 by wolfrace »

Offline Len

• 10k hero
« Reply #5 on: 13 May 2004, 11:38 »
On the subject of painting the surrounds - i was thinking more on the lines of quality of finish. Being plastic is a good primer coat needed and does peeling occur?

Would rather leave it black plastic if its gonna look naff.

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk