Author Topic: .Photogrpahy domain  (Read 1394 times)

Offline The Mighty Elvi

• I live here
  • I'm better than you today.
.Photogrpahy domain
« on: 10 December 2013, 11:35 »
1&1 sent me an email a few ago about all the new TLD domains that are becoming available. Loads of them.

One of them is .Photography

Just a heads up if any of you want one. You can pre-order them for free. Keep anyone else from getting them.

http://www.1and1.co.uk/new-top-level-domains?linkOrigin=&linkId=ct.stage.img.domain.reservation&stage=ntld

Anyone with a .co.uk domain name will be given first refusal for all the other domain extensions, with 5 years to make up their minds before they are released to the public.

So if you want say..  Horney.photography    get Horney.co.uk, if you can at the same time, to protect it.

Offline DubFan

• I live here
Re: .Photogrpahy domain
« Reply #1 on: 10 December 2013, 12:55 »
I think these new domains are a bit pointless. They're too long to remember and more that half the world will have issues spelling the word photography (due to not knowing English or poor spelling). If it was .photo then you might stand a chance, but otherwise it makes your domain really long. .photo is apparently an option, but so is .photos, which could lead to people going to the wrong site and you'd probably have to register .photo .photos and .photography just to be safe.

The general public will probably have issues understanding that the web address you are giving them is www.whateveriwant.photography

I will probably just stick to .com
If someone has already registered the .com you want, then it's likely that most of your users will find their site before yours.