Author Topic: Bag or Box ?  (Read 2944 times)

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
Bag or Box ?
« on: 02 December 2013, 10:23 »
what would you recomend. ?

bought this lot

will no doubt be adding to it  :lipsrsealed: so need summat to keep it all in

I am heading down the rucksack / bag route knowing that I do some like to get muddy at weekends.
« Last Edit: 02 December 2013, 10:28 by Chuff »

Offline legg360

• GTI forum regular
Re: Bag or Box ?
« Reply #1 on: 02 December 2013, 12:50 »
There is a nice jack wolfskin ACS rucksack that is nice, a good friend of mine has one and its really nice, good size storage at the top for snacks, drinks, hats and gloves and an easy access separate bit for your camera gear, he has a 10-20mm, 18-55mm and a 70-300mm in there along with controllers and filters with enough room.

http://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/jack-wolfskin-acs-photopack-A9110104?channel_code=82&product_code=74203841&utm_source=webgains&source=webgains_uk&siteid=29553&s2m_channel=812
Golf GTI MK6 5dr Manual - Candy White with Jacara Cloth, Vancouver 18" Alloys, RNS 510, Cruise Control, Carbon Vinyl Wrap Roof, Milltek 3" Race Cat Back.

Offline DubFan

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 02 December 2013, 12:59 »
Depends if you want quick access for events, or if it's more important to be able to carry it for long distances.
For events where you might want to access lenses and kit, a shoulder bag would be better, for anything where you have to do more walking, I'd go for a rucksack.

I have a Kata DR 465 DL rucksack, which has plenty of space for my 60D plus 2 extra lenses, batteries, etc and lunch, drink and snacks.
Have a look at their website to decide:
http://www.katabags.co.uk/Kata+Bag+Chooser/Photo/Kata+Bag+Chooser+Photo/16686748

Offline mcgee9t2

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 02 December 2013, 22:23 »
:D just bought that remote trigger. not bad for the money :)

took me bloody ages to figure it out though :D

as for box or bag, I always use bag. more comfortable and easier to carry/store

Offline legg360

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 02 December 2013, 22:45 »
:D just bought that remote trigger. not bad for the money :)

took me bloody ages to figure it out though :D

as for box or bag, I always use bag. more comfortable and easier to carry/store

I also got one of those remote triggers, got mine from amazon for about £15 but after 20-30 uses the cable came out the top but hey for the price you cant complain

I find it really useful for star trail pics and layers just set the camera up somewhere with a chair next to it and let it click away on its own :)
Golf GTI MK6 5dr Manual - Candy White with Jacara Cloth, Vancouver 18" Alloys, RNS 510, Cruise Control, Carbon Vinyl Wrap Roof, Milltek 3" Race Cat Back.

Offline mcgee9t2

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 02 December 2013, 23:24 »
That's what I got mine for. Star trails etc. but pretty much every night Iv had chance to try it on some it's been cloudy. So Iv only really used it on a few car shots etc at night. And for a remote trigger at night to stop any bluryness from long exposures and knocking the camera pressing the button.

Had no problems with it so far. But for the £7 I paid for it. Can't complain.

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #6 on: 03 December 2013, 00:27 »
Right then, rucksack seems the way to go but the price  :shocked:

Don't forget I am a tight Cnut  :whistle:

And trigger, yeah right, will get accustomed to once I learnt how to adjust things with the camera  :lipsrsealed:

Any more for any more

Offline mcgee9t2

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 03 December 2013, 09:04 »
have a look on 7dayshop.com

some ok looking bags on there for less than £20 :afro:

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #8 on: 03 December 2013, 10:58 »
I actually favour the shoulder strap bag over the rucksack, as they're easy to access, although you look more of a geek with one (like you or I care).  Mine has worked really well over years now and the top-loading nature of the bag means if it rains you can just slip the camera back into the bag and then whip it back out when you need to.

http://www.manfrotto.co.uk/bella-v-shoulder-bag-black

I think this is equivalent to what I have:

http://www.calumetphoto.co.uk/product/lowepro-nova-180-aw-black/LP35256/

I know you'll be able to find a better deal on anything like that though.  :grin:

Given your normal 'event' pace vs mine you won't need to worry about whether it has a waist strap so much, as you won't be running around like an idiot.  :laugh:
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 03 December 2013, 11:28 »
I have that Nova bag and it's useful for storing my flashes and accessories. I mainly use a Kate rucksack that I want to change for a Lowepro one