Author Topic: New car day!  (Read 4058 times)

steve12345

New car day!
« on: 08 March 2019, 16:02 »
Well new to me at least!

Picked up my 2014 non performance pack GTI today, it has DCC and few other bits -  im still discovering.

Haven’t driven it much yet, just home from the garage.First impressions are really good. Coming from a background of slow diesels.

Played about with the suspension. comfort vs sport - wow what a difference! So glad I have it, comfort mode really is a family friendly mode. Sensible and comfortable cruising.

In Sports mode though everything tightens and stiffens up. And the engine note is loud and angry too. Is this fake sound pumped through the speakers or is it real? It’s quite a difference to comfort so I’m not sure if it’s real? I liked it though. I need to get used to the DSG box a little more before I start driving it hard. I’ve only ever had manual gearbox’s prevoiusly.

Had a couple of questions for you guys, apologies if this has been covered already.

On the individual mode, I saw an option called ACC. What is this?

Also I noticed the headlights looked like they might of had dust build up on the inside of the cover. With the light was on it looked like the cover was dirty, I wiped with my hand but it was internal not outside. Is this common thing with gti’s? I’m guessing not.

Thanks

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
Re: New car day!
« Reply #1 on: 08 March 2019, 17:13 »
Hello and congrats on the car :) DSG is great and I'm sure you will get used to it.

The noise in sport is artifical. It's generated by the soundaktor under the scuttle panel. Some people don't like it and disconnect it, but it can also be adjusted with apps like carista or obd 11.

The ACC is automatic cruise control which is governed by the radar sensor on your front grill. The option in individual allows you to configure how quickly the car accelerates to reach the spped you have set if you have to slow down due to an obstacle etc.

I haven't heard of dust in the headlights, although mine would sometimes get a little condensation which clears after 5 or 10 minutes of having the lights on.

2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #2 on: 08 March 2019, 17:15 »
Hi
Congratulations on the new car, the GTI is a great drive.  The ACC you mention  is adaptive cruise control.  Should tell you more about it in your handbook, I find it pretty useful most of the time on long journeys.
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 08 March 2019, 19:48 »
Hope you enjoy the car. You’ll love it!
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 08 March 2019, 19:53 »
Hope Dubber36 doesn't see this thread  :grin:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 09 March 2019, 07:00 »
I'm baking him a cake.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 09 March 2019, 09:32 »
Sorry you're quite right it is Adaptive rather than Automatic cruise control! So many acronyms now lol
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 09 March 2019, 12:49 »
I'm baking him a cake.

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Err, whatever the closest to congratulations that dubber36 approves of Steve12345 and welcome too.

Get some photos up of the lights. Sounds intriguing.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

steve12345

« Reply #8 on: 10 March 2019, 10:20 »
Thanks, managed to try out the ACC a little yesterday, pretty impressive!

I couldn’t take a decent picture of the headlights last night. Will try again with a better camera today if I get a chance.

What have I said to upset dubber?!  :whistle:

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 10 March 2019, 10:55 »

What have I said to upset dubber?!  :whistle:

It ain’t you, it’s everyone else!
It’s a running thing from another thread.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner