Author Topic: not declaring points on insurance?  (Read 8986 times)

Offline Tazzy

• I live here
Re: not declaring points on insurance?
« Reply #10 on: 24 January 2011, 09:26 »
insurance companies seem to know everything anyway so no point trying to hide anything, how else do other companies know when your policy is coming to an end?

does anyone know if the national database also applies to insurance companies as well?
If It Comes Off, Modify It!

Offline bricey

• I live here
  • One of a few with a PROPER engine
« Reply #11 on: 24 January 2011, 13:03 »
im pretty sure insurance companys get there info
from the national database and the dvla
DOLPHIN TRAINER

Offline mcgee9t2

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 26 January 2011, 12:26 »
Just to let you know as it seems you have already done a quote with and with out the points.

Every quote you do is saved on a database at the company (even through go compare ect the quotes get saved)

I know this as I did a quote to see what it would be like if I lowerd my car I then got a call and had to prove my car was standard which was a total buggar as they lost numerous letters of mine and emails and then tried to cancel my insurence.
Also someone on here did a quote saying he had points to see how much it would go up. He then got a call and had to send his lisence away so they could make sure he haddent just received points.

Also pretty sure they can see all your previous driving convictions ect.

One question I've got though, if insurence companies have all this info on were you live crashes, claimes, penalties ect. Why do we waste ages putting all this info in. Surely all they'd need is car reg, postcode and house number, name, and job.

Offline emery1990

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 26 January 2011, 16:49 »
Just wait a year for ya premiums to go down, my mate got 6 points for what he said he was doing 54mph in a 30mph and didnt get clocked, just seen by a policeman on a bike, blatant liar. Hes now driving a 1.1 saxo and had to sell that for a moped as that was even too dear lol, so just a moped for a year.

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
« Reply #14 on: 26 January 2011, 22:12 »
To put it bluntly it is idiots who don't declare stuff who push insurance premiums up for everyone else.  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Keeping schtum. Mostly.

Offline Nabybar

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 02 March 2011, 22:45 »
always declare if you have a serious accident and they find out which the can really easily, because believe they will look no insurer wants to pay out if they can get out of it, not only will you have the accident problems etc but you could become personally liable

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #16 on: 02 March 2011, 23:09 »
So basically what everyone else is too nice to say is this; you're a f**king idiot to be asking such a question nevermind considering it.

Offline The Mighty Elvi

• I live here
  • I'm better than you today.
« Reply #17 on: 03 March 2011, 12:00 »
So basically what everyone else is too nice to say is this; you're a f**king idiot to be asking such a question nevermind considering it.

+1 Wayne

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #18 on: 03 March 2011, 12:11 »
Really, for the sake of £300?

My mis happenings with the law doubled my insurance cost and added as near as makes no difference an extra grand. You have to live your mistakes in life I'm afraid.

Offline Col5632

• Not said much yet
« Reply #19 on: 22 March 2011, 14:49 »
What about if somebody reverses into you and both with same company and no excess is paid, does that count as an accident?

I have 7 points on my licence and really wish i didnt but im prepared to pay more for insurance until they come off