Author Topic: Quin direct and coilovers  (Read 1477 times)

adamrob69

Quin direct and coilovers
« on: 09 February 2009, 09:39 »
...anybody had any experiance with this. my shocks need changing and im not really willing on paying up to £90 a corner when i get get cheap coilovers. Just rang them up and they said they couldnt tell me if it effected the price of the insurance or not, its down to the engineer to fill out a form once there fitted, and depending on the car and the 'performance gain' the price may increase or stay the same, she would not even give me a ballpark figure if the price was to increase! im 19, 2yncb, mk3 1.4, curent renewal price around the £600 mark on my own.

anybody had any experiance with this, or know what i could be expecting?

adamrob69

Re: Quin direct and coilovers
« Reply #1 on: 11 February 2009, 13:43 »
just had the form the garage need to fill in and its completly b*ll*x. Its like an MOT questionair. Are the electrics good? are all the lights working? the only 2 questions of any relevance is... is the suspension in good working order? (which at the minute is no, but when the coilys go on then yes) and are there any modifications, such as metal plates added etc. Is it clased as a modification or just a suspension swap. After seeing the form, i cannot see why they carnt give me a ball park figure as to what the price may increase to.

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #2 on: 11 February 2009, 23:46 »
Sounds like a lot of hassle just to get a it done, I can't imagine it'll go up that much?

adamrob69

« Reply #3 on: 12 February 2009, 12:47 »
i did a quote online as if i was a new customer, and the price goes up by £100 if i specify suspension mods. but my renewal is alot cheaper as i have been with them over 2 years now. going to give them another ring i think...

Offline MrClifford

• Not said much yet
  • mk3 golf GTi 8v
« Reply #4 on: 01 March 2009, 01:28 »
meh, just dont declaire it if ur TPF&T
coming soon ;)