Author Topic: Winter cleaning  (Read 2665 times)

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
Winter cleaning
« on: 03 December 2009, 08:57 »
Is one thing i never look forward to as its too bloody cold! But I hate driving around in a filthy car

Parked up for work today and took on look at the back end and my god its just covered in crap prob doesnt help that the R doesnt have mudflaps!

Anyway whats your guys method for protection in the winter?

I was just going to clean it as i normally do, apply the glazes/sealants/polish and wax this time round shoudl do the trick?

its kinda goes like this,

snowfoam (as best i can with a broken hose adaptor! home made DIY method is now in use )
2 bucket method
clay
2x Megs Showroom glaze 7
2x chemical guys wet mirror finish sealant
then a coat of autobitz wax (think thats what its called)

oh and think its about time to whack another 3 layers of poor boys wheel sealant on!!

Offline nogrille

• Not said much yet
Re: Winter cleaning
« Reply #1 on: 03 December 2009, 09:10 »
method sounds spot on.  the only thing you need to adjust in winter is the curing time as it can take longer in damp / cold conditions

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #2 on: 03 December 2009, 09:14 »
method sounds spot on.  the only thing you need to adjust in winter is the curing time as it can take longer in damp / cold conditions

yeah true that well whats an extra hour :D will give my shoulders a rest lets just hope it aint raining on sat!

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #3 on: 03 December 2009, 10:08 »
would recomend getting yourself some collinite 845 wax, an awesome wax to use in the colder winter months and has high durabilty :smiley:
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #4 on: 03 December 2009, 10:41 »
would recomend getting yourself some collinite 845 wax, an awesome wax to use in the colder winter months and has high durabilty :smiley:

cheers dude might just do that!!

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #5 on: 03 December 2009, 11:02 »
915 also would be a firm favourite for me, since getting it last week, it's been epic, been pissing down with rain all week and it's holding up really well, just one coat as well (haven't had a chance to apply another coat yet, sorry Guy  :evil:).

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #6 on: 03 December 2009, 11:21 »
915 also would be a firm favourite for me, since getting it last week, it's been epic, been pissing down with rain all week and it's holding up really well, just one coat as well (haven't had a chance to apply another coat yet, sorry Guy  :evil:).

ive bought the same Shady ;)

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #7 on: 03 December 2009, 11:25 »

Good man, did you buy from the link I posted the other day with the sealant?

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #8 on: 03 December 2009, 11:41 »

Good man, did you buy from the link I posted the other day with the sealant?

bought it sperate as i bought a big ass bottel of chemical guys wet mirror finish sealant last month along with MEgs Showroom Glaze No7

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #9 on: 03 December 2009, 11:45 »
Fair one man, well you can't go wrong with the 915. It's a bloody big tin, and you don't have to use that much to wax the whole car, it's brilliant!