Author Topic: Delivered, Driven, Pics - Page 6  (Read 26032 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Delivered, Driven, Pics - Page 6
« on: 15 January 2013, 10:32 »
Right, I'm 99% sure I'm going for a MK7 SE 2.0 150 DSG with optional paddle shift.

Only one problem, colour!

The Mazda looked great in black but the thin paint soon showed plenty of white marks as it scratched and chipped quite easily.  Also I'm getting tired of keeping a black car looking clean, even when you think it looks mint, once the sunlight is on it you see all kinds of sh*t.  I do like the MK7 in the deep pearl black but think it's time for something different.  My mk1 is black so was thinking white for the mk7 as it's quite forgiving when it comes to water marks or showing up chips/scratches.  However I don't think white looks that good on this car unless it's a GTI/R.

I'm now thinking Limestone Grey.  Seen similar colours like this on cars and never seem to look dirty as it's a dirty colour already!  :grin:  Also I doubt it will be a popular choice so is more attractive to me. 

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: 21 March 2013, 21:50 by SoundillusioN »

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Re: Going to place my order today.
« Reply #1 on: 15 January 2013, 10:38 »
I really like the colour and wheel combo in that picture, i personally love my mk6 in steel grey as it's a happy medium between hiding the dirt and looking great when all polished, i know it's not everyones cup of tea but i think i'll probably get a mk7 in grey too.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #2 on: 15 January 2013, 11:09 »
I really like the colour and wheel combo in that picture, i personally love my mk6 in steel grey as it's a happy medium between hiding the dirt and looking great when all polished, i know it's not everyones cup of tea but i think i'll probably get a mk7 in grey too.

Yeah it's growing on me, will be my first Grey car if I go for it and is tempting for exactly the reasons you describe.

Sadly mine will not be on those wheels, next ones down at 16s.  :sad:

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 15 January 2013, 11:12 »
Red. You can't beat a shiny red car as it's far more forgiving than black.

Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #4 on: 15 January 2013, 11:31 »
Red. You can't beat a shiny red car as it's far more forgiving than black.

Nowt wrong with red (unless you let it fade). Like it on some older dubs, just never a colour I've ever fancied.

Offline I.D.C.

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 15 January 2013, 11:45 »
Put my black GTI into a body shop to fix the chips before trading in for the mark 7. The boss told me white or silver was the best colour to get as they are easy to match up. I opted for white.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 15 January 2013, 11:55 »
Put my black GTI into a body shop to fix the chips before trading in for the mark 7. The boss told me white or silver was the best colour to get as they are easy to match up. I opted for white.

Silver easy to match? The amount of badly repainted silver cars I see around. They stand out a mile.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #7 on: 15 January 2013, 12:40 »

Silver easy to match? The amount of badly repainted silver cars I see around. They stand out a mile.

This, had a friend with a silver mk1, I swear every panel was different.  :grin:

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 15 January 2013, 13:24 »
I nearly went for silver with this car but after seeing a few other vw models under showroom lights i decided against it, it looks terrible in those conditions because you can see where the robot has moved across the body if that makes sense? Uneven finish.

Outside is not so bad but still. :undecided:

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 15 January 2013, 13:26 »
Congrats on the order BTW! :smiley: you're among the first to take the leap! :cool: