Author Topic: Golf GTI Clubsport and R Open for Ordering Date and Price Confirmed!  (Read 25184 times)

Offline Wrex22

• GTI forum regular

Pssssst... wanna see an R?

https://youtu.be/eeZ58H2NhEY

Doesn’t have the obligatory £10k of options to be down with the cool kids but it’s at least a UK spec one actually in the UK in the proper R colour.

(apologies if it’s already been posted elsewhere)

I saw this one last night. I’m really not sure about the R this time. It really needs to performance pack imo.

I agree. Needs the 19s and the spoiler to set it apart from the rest of the range

Offline M6TT F

• GTI forum regular
That seat trim is somewhat garish!

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
The wheels are absolute gash. Whoever's in charge of wheel design in VW in recent times needs to be shown the door pronto.

The CS is the better looking car imo. But like the CS, the standard wheels are so dreadful that I'm sure the 19's / performance pack makes a big difference.

Noticed that too about the door cards in the CS. Cheap nasty cloth... in the MK7 if you spec'd those art-velour seats, you got the pleather door cards. More penny pinching.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict

I actually like the seat trim.
The TCR trim which is near identical but in red looks really garish in photos and vids but actually isn’t in the flesh.
I guess the feedback from the mk7 R interior being as exciting as an undertakers raincoat must’ve inspired VW to do that very German thing of going from massively dull to somewhat OTT in reply.
Germany is the nation that decided bright red straight leg jeans and man-bags were fashionable in the ‘80’s after all.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
Them seats 🤮
It looks like they look their inspiration from a 1980’s Renault Clio
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline king monkey

• I live here

The TCR trim which is near identical but in red looks really garish in photos and vids but actually isn’t in the flesh.
I guess the feedback from the mk7 R interior being as exciting as an undertakers raincoat must’ve inspired VW to do that very German thing of going from massively dull to somewhat OTT in reply.
Germany is the nation that decided bright red straight leg jeans and man-bags were fashionable in the ‘80’s after all.

So what you’re saying is these aren’t fashionable anymore? Thanks for the heads up. Glad I kept those receipts.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here

So what you’re saying is these aren’t fashionable anymore? Thanks for the heads up. Glad I kept those receipts.

I don't think they'll take them back if you've had good wear out of them  :wink:
7.5 GTD

Offline king monkey

• I live here

I don't think they'll take them back if you've had good wear out of them  :wink:

Jeeez that made me spill my Kia Ora!  :grin:

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here

Jeeez that made me spill my Kia Ora!  :grin:

Hopefully not on your jeans  :tongue:

I'm more of a Libby's Moonshine man myself.
« Last Edit: 24 January 2021, 12:58 by Guzzle »
7.5 GTD

Offline king monkey

• I live here
That’s made me laugh today!  :grin: