Author Topic: hobbiniho - mk2 driver  (Read 2312 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
hobbiniho - mk2 driver
« on: 08 January 2008, 14:36 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline hobbiniho

• I live here
Re: hobbiniho - mk2 driver
« Reply #1 on: 08 January 2008, 17:43 »
Thank you jv

right i bought my self a mk2 1.6 driver as a project car for over the winter for the pricely sum of £100
in needed a little bit of work doing to it namely the whole brake system needed replacing

list of things replaced so far
all the brake lines including flexies
front disks and pads
rear brake cylinders
rear axle bushes (powerflex :wink:)
rear suspension
front slam panel
dash bulbs
front bumper
and i needed a new set of wheels because the car came with wheels of all different sizes and makes  :grin: :grin:

if you want to comment on my project heres a link http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=66229.0

right i suppose nows the time to put pictures heres how it looked when i got it and after a mechanic friend looked at it and told me what it needed

heres after i got it home and into the shed  :cool:

then started to put it back together and managed to get the suspension and brakes done fine, brakes were a bit annoying but easy enough, BUT the rear axle bush bolts were being a pain in the arse and keep on snapping on me  :cry: :cry: heres a pic

managed to find out why though  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: i was putting the torque wrench on the bolt and not the nut  :grin: :grin: oops oh well sh!t happens, anyway iv ordered some new ones and i will hopefully get them fitted soon and get the other little jobs done then get it off my amazing axle stands and put it for an mot and see what happens  :cool: